- 1 Attribute Picks
- 1.1 Growth
- 1.2 Other:
- 1.3 Assumes Other Uncertain Mechanics:
- These are picks that give species different mechanics that are more than a bigger or smaller number.
- All picks in this category are mutually exclusive.
- Growth happens whenever target is not reached. Growth focus increases population target.
- Needs better name to distinguish them from Photosynthesizers.
- Growth only happens when directed, (either via production queue or focus).
- otherwise levels remain static.
- No unique focus, but can take advantage of biological and robotic growth foci. Needs both to reach max population.
- Should cyborg pick represent only the mechanical part so it can be paired with either "Organic", "Photosynthesizer", or "Lithovore"?
- Star type largely determines population. A focus can moderately improve pop
- High populations for "Photosynthesizers" could be in large part about begin around the right kind of star. Here i've proposed 10 star types that come in at least 3 sizes. Photosynthetic species would get a big growth bonus for living under one of the 3 big star types, with decreasing growth bonuses (or increasing maluses) for the decreasing sizes. No matter what their EP, there's always a big one no more than one step away. There would be less to [i]do[/i] to get large populations of photosynthesizes, but they have fewer places were the ideal star and EP coincide.
- This isn't just for plant species. Crystalline and energy beings might plausibly be Photosynthesizers.
- Minerals rich bonus for population?
- Mining focus halts growth on any lithovore colony?
- for silicon-based / crystalline life
- No foci (or tech?) benefit their growth/ population. Population growth is only effected by reaching capacity.
- Suitable for energy beings, and other imperturbable species concepts.
- Expensive pick
Last of their Kind / Sterile
- Population does not grow under any circumstances.
- Useful for novelty minor species, like Stargate's Asguardians.
- All EPs are equal
- Cannot build weapons
- Always surrenders without fighting
- Never surrenders to force.
- Provides some sort of spy bonus?
Assumes Other Uncertain Mechanics:
- Vulnerable to hacking?
- Violence to this species causes unhappiness in all others.
- Totally resistant to PR manipulation
- Totally resistant to population loss via bombing