- These are picks that give species different mechanics that are more than a bigger or smaller number.
- All picks in this category are mutually exclusive.
- Needs better name to distinguish them from Photosynthesizers.
- Does not grow population naturally.
- Population growth must be queued in the Production queue, otherwise levels remain static.
- Requires sunlight for growth
- High populations for "Photosynthesizers" could be in large part about begin around the right kind of star. Here i've proposed 10 star types that come in at least 3 sizes. Photosynthetic species would get a big growth bonus for living under one of the 3 big star types, with decreasing growth bonuses (or increasing maluses) for the decreasing sizes. No matter what their EP, there's always a big one no more than one step away. There would be less to [i]do[/i] to get large populations of photosynthesizes, but they have fewer places were the ideal star and EP coincide.
- This isn't just for plant species. Crystalline and energy beings might plausibly be Photosynthesizers.
Last of their Kind / Sterile
- Population does not grow-- ever.
- Useful for novelty minor species, like Stargate's Asguardians.
- Different from mechanical, i'm not sure how.
- All EPs are equal
- Cannot build weapons
- Always surrenders without fighting
- Never surrenders to force.
- Provides some sort of spy bonus?
Assumes Other Uncertain Mechanics:
- Vulnerable to hacking?
- Violence to this species causes unhappiness in all others.
- Totally resistant to PR manipulation
- Totally resistant to population loss via bombing