NOTE: While v.4 is incomplete, several elements from further on the roadmap have or are being implemented, at least in a rudimentary form-- most notably species, space monster and ground combat.
- Basic galaxy map
- Splash screen / save game / load game
- Basic planet screen
- Automated combat resolution
- Fleet movement and capturing of planets & star systems
- Galaxy generation routines
- Basic economy model, planet classification, resource production
- Population growth model & population cap
- Environmental preferences (although as there are no races, everyone will have the same preferences for several versions)
- Basic Planet Specials
Essentially Complete, Content Additions Ongoing
- Buildings model
- Secret Projects (add projects as we add more features)
- Tech tree beginning: establish as much resources and growth tech content now as possible, adding more as necessary and possible while doing future versions.
Initial Design Completed, Design Detail Discussions Ongoing
- Space combat model
- Ship design model
- Tech tree for both of the above
Initial Design Being Dicussed
- Diplomacy model (how much, if any, of an EU2-esque diplomacy model?)
- Diplomacy AI
- Tech tree update: Diplomacy
- Server remotely manageable and master server
- Ground combat
- Tech tree update: Ground combat
- Space Monsters
- Random Events
- Tech tree update: Espionage
- Governments (a SMAC-style government model has been chosen, but details remain to be discussed)
- Races & Race picks
- Tech tree updates: governments, race-specific picks
- Game balancing, extensive playtesting. this will be an alpha release geared towards playability.
- Translation of game content into officially supported languages. Which languages these are will depend on who volunteers to translate.
1.0 - Final Release
- Polish. Editing everything for grammar and spelling (content) and readability (code). Final graphic, FX, and music work. Ideally, there should be no new features in v1.0. If there are, v1.0a will be released and thoroughly tested before we announce the v1.0 release.
The roadmap after v1.0 will involve champagne.