For all play-testing use the most recent version possible, and be sure to clearly state which version and revision you are using.
- Download from github
- Read README.md
- if you use ubuntu20.04
- sudo apt install libpython3-all-dev libz3-dev libboost-all-dev libsdl2-dev libfreetype-dev libopenal-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libglew-dev
- Descriptions that don't match the effect or give incomplete or inaccurate information.
- If you are good with English feel free to include a corrected text.
- Broken strings or missing graphics.
Balancing should primarily focus on the opening of the game, about the first hundred turns.
- Generally stuff that seems too hard or too easy.
- Techs, ships, or buildings that are disproportionately too expensive or too cheap compared to their power and the difficulty accessing them.
- Monsters that are too powerful or too weak.
- Strategies that are too effective, i.e. exploits
The config file is described in Config.xml.
Every new version of the game tested will overwrite the "config.xml" file. Creating a "persistent_config.xml" helps provide a more stable test environment.