FOCS Scripting Details
- 1 Effects
- 1.1 Unofficial
- 1.2 Introduction
- 1.3 Modify Meter
- 1.4 =Enviromental Condition
- 1.5 Unlock Item
- 1.6 Examples
- 1.7 Future Effects
Contents of this document have not undergone public review.
Each tech, building, and planet special will probably be encoded as XML, including mark-up tags describing the effects of the object.
In v.3, if these are the only two classes of effects: Modify Meter and Unlock Item. An objects can have multiple effects, but no conditions beyond what is offered by the Effect Classes.
The name of the effect, mostly for internal usage. Effects can share the same name, meaning they will not stack if the stacking flag is set. Effects that share names should have identical bonuses.)
(programming note: "sharing a name" means that they share the same StackingID.)
• Galaxy The effect operates on the meters of every planet in the galaxy • Empire The effect operates on the meters belonging to every planet in the empire. • Sector The effect operates on the meters belonging to the planets contained by the Target system and any planets in systems connected to the target system by a starlane or wormhole. • System The effect operates on the meters belonging to the planets contained by the Target system. • Planet The effect operates on a single planet.
• All: The effect influences the meters of every planet, regardless of empire affiliation. • Exclusive: The effect only acts on planets owned by the target Empire. • Friends: The effect only acts the meters of on objects owned by the target Empire and allied Empires. (not required in v.3) • Enemies: The effect only acts the meters of objects owned by empires unfriendly with the target Empire. (every empire is considered unfriendly in v.3)
• Farming • Industry • Mining • Science • Economic • Health (growth of Population) • Construction (growth of Infra) • Enviroment (The results of Enviromental Preference) • Security (not in v.3) • Happiness (not in v.3)
Type of Modification
- Additive The default.
- Multiplicative Should be used rarely. The Modification value is multiplied with the Multiplier of the meter. (The Meter’s multiplier is then multiplied with the meter itself after all effects have executed.)
Value of Modification
The value that is added to or multipled with the meter.
Does the effect stack?
- None Effect occurs regardless of planet focus
- Primary Effect only occurs if the Meter being modified is set as the Primary
- Secondary Effect only occurs if the Meter being modified is set as Primary or Secondary
If total infrastructure is less than this value, the effect is canceled.
Either None, or the Enviroment in which this effect operates:
Appended to the tooltip of the affected meter.
Techs, buildings, and ship parts can be unlocked. An unlocked Tech can be researched, an unlocked building or ship part can be constructed.
The nature of the item being unlocked:
- Tech A single technology
- Tech Branch An entire branch of the tech tree.
- Ship Part (in version v.3, ship "parts" are scout, colony, mark I-V)
The unique name of the item being unlocked.
- Permanent The item remains unlocked for the entire game.
- Life of Effect When the effect is destoyed, the item returns to being
locked. For example, if a buiding that opens up a special part of the
tech tree is destoryed, that branch of the tree would be closed for
(building) The Universal University offers a quality education to budding young science geeks.
The U.U. has two effects:
Advanced Education Scope: Empire Affliation: Exclusive Meter: Science Type of Modification: Additive Value of Modification: +1 Stacking: Does not stack Focus Condition: None Infra Condition: 5 Enviro Condition: None Description: +1 Science to Developed worlds from Universal University
Science Inspiration Scope: Sector Affliation: Friends Meter: Science Type of Modification: Additive Value of Modification: +1 Stacking: Does not stack Focus Conditions: Primary Infra Conitions: 5 Enviro Condidtion: None Description: +1 Research to Developed Science worlds, due to a nearby Universal University
(Tech) Your empire has developed methods of surviving and exploiting Ocean worlds.
Two effects: Floating Platforms Scope: Empire Affliation: Exclusive Meter: Enviroment Type of Modification: Additive Value of Modification: +2 Stacking: Does not stack Focus Condition: None Infra Condition: None Enviro Condition: Ocean Description: +2 Enviroment from Ocean Survival
Fish n' Chips Scope: Empire Affliation: Exclusive Meter: Farming Type of Modification: Additive Value of Modification: +1 Stacking: Does not stack Focus Condition: Secondary Infra Condition: 1 Enviro Condition: Ocean Description: +1 Food to Ocean Farming Worlds from Ocean Survial
(Planet Special) Nasty little one celled horrors have proven resistant to extermination.
Two effects: Sickness Scope: Planet Affliation: Exclusive Meter: Health Type of Modification: Additive Value of Modification: -1 Stacking: Stacks Focus Condition: None Infra Condition: 0 Enviro Condition: None Description: -1 Health due to the Hostile Microcobes
Hostile Biology Scope: Planet Affliation: Exclusive Meter: Enviroment Type of Modification: Additive Value of Modification: -2 Stacking: Does not stack Focus Condition: None Infra Condition: 0 Enviro Condition: None Description: -2 Enviroment, because this planet's life hates you
There will be more Effect Classes in future versions, possibly
A modification of ship parts, improving or penalizing various stats.
This is meant for techs that refine parts, or buildings that give bonuses to certain unit types.
Directly effects the infrastructure (ie, Current Meter) of a planet, rather than the Max Meter. Useful for events like bombings or earthquakes.
Events style effects
Like the multiple choice events in EU2. If the game has 'em, it will probably require some kind of scripting.