Revision as of 08:53, 15 February 2005 by Tyreth (Reverted edit of 126.96.36.199, changed back to last version by Yoghurt)
The Audio Lead is LithiumMongoose.
- Music used in the game will be in Ogg/Vorbis format. It will hopefully start being included as early as the 0.2 alpha release.
- Currently, there is no specific list of things for which music tracks or sound effects are needed. Until elements like game races, combat mechanics, and user-interface design are pinned down, people are pretty much free to create and submit whatever they like (or think might be useful).
- Any format, such as .mp3, is fine for review, commentary and criticism prior to actual use in the game. In addition, MIDI source files are not required but are very welcome, and may often be requested in cases where a person would like to work on the material himself, or try his hand at producing it.
- The Audio Lead has final say over what music and sound effects get used in the game, and where. All audio material available to the project from public submissions will be considered fairly before any decisions are made.
- The audio resources in the game will fall under a Creative Commons License. A decision about exactly which one we will use is forthcoming.
- Please visit the Audio Forum to see what material has already been submitted and by whom, post your thoughts, and make your own submissions.
- There is currently no official storage space available for submitted audio material. You will need to find your own means of dissemination such as a free web hosting service, or ask someone else to host your files for you.