Revision as of 22:04, 4 March 2008 by Geoff the Medio
FreeOrion audio comprises background music, interface sounds and, in future, combat sounds.
- Music used in the game will be in Ogg/Vorbis format.
- Currently, there is no specific list of things for which music tracks or sound effects are needed. Until elements like game races, combat mechanics, and user-interface design are pinned down, people are pretty much free to create and submit whatever they like (or think might be useful).
- Any format, such as .mp3, is fine for review, commentary and criticism prior to actual use in the game. In addition, MIDI source files are not required but are very welcome, and may often be requested in cases where a person would like to work on the material himself, or try his hand at producing it.
- The Audio Lead has final say over what music and sound effects get used in the game, and where. All audio material available to the project from public submissions will be considered fairly before any decisions are made.
- The audio resources in the game will use the same Creatice Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license that the graphics do.
- Please visit the Audio Forum to see what material has already been submitted and by whom, post your thoughts, and make your own submissions.
- There is currently no official storage space available for submitted audio material. You will need to find your own means of dissemination such as a free web hosting service, or ask someone else to host your files for you.