Twenty-sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twenty-sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#76 Post by LienRag »

I've been repeatedly building a Starlane Bore at Hemelin, to no avail : the Starlane Bore is produced, but no Starlane is bored.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#77 Post by LienRag »

BlueAward wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:51 pm Actual game doesn't get that AI (so e.g. resulting galaxy will be smaller as number of systems is per player)
Oh, didn't think of that.
What's the real size of the Galaxy then ?
(the one used for the real game I mean)

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#78 Post by BlueAward »

LienRag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:24 pm
BlueAward wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:51 pm Actual game doesn't get that AI (so e.g. resulting galaxy will be smaller as number of systems is per player)
Oh, didn't think of that.
What's the real size of the Galaxy then ?
(the one used for the real game I mean)
there are 7 players in the test game, and 385 systems. So I say it's 55 systems per player, hence actual game should have 330

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#79 Post by BlueAward »

LienRag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:22 pm I've been repeatedly building a Starlane Bore at Hemelin, to no avail : the Starlane Bore is produced, but no Starlane is bored.
Lately there were changes around this to extract multiple conditions and put them together. This could be some bug.

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#80 Post by BlueAward »

From my end, game seems to be lost regarding Collective Thought Network bonus. It shows as unkown, and actually game thinks I won't have it next turn, showing me lower number than I have projected for next turn ("Output"), even though "target output" and "Empires" window seem to show correct stuff. But being lost for next turn's "Output" means some miscalculations for research times too etc

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#81 Post by BlueAward »

520 blaze it! Managed to sneak in cheeky science victory before great reset. High five! Chest bump! Pat on the shoulder! Confetti gun!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#82 Post by Oberlus »

Party horns!

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#83 Post by LienRag »

BlueAward wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:06 pm 520 blaze it! Managed to sneak in cheeky science victory before great reset.
But... you were Replicon ?
How do you achieve Science victory with effing Replicons ?

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#84 Post by BlueAward »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:44 pmParty horns!
VUVUZELAS!!!!

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#85 Post by LienRag »

BlueAward wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:59 pm Lately there were changes around this to extract multiple conditions and put them together. This could be some bug.
Shouldn't it be fixed before we start the game ?
In a Cluster Galaxy Starlane Bores are important, and since they cost a lot it wouldn't be fair for a player to invest in one for no result...

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#86 Post by BlueAward »

LienRag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:51 pm
BlueAward wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:06 pm 520 blaze it! Managed to sneak in cheeky science victory before great reset.
But... you were Replicon ?
How do you achieve Science victory with effing Replicons ?
I mean.. not like it was contested, was it? And 520 isn't exactly fast. OK there was the AI next door but I wasn't undefended, you kept it busy, too. I had impression I killed bulk of its fleet with my ships and you dealt with the rest though not sure what was happening before that clash I am thinking about, I think you had clash with o01eg rather than the AI before that

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#87 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:53 pm Shouldn't it be fixed before we start the game ?
In a Cluster Galaxy Starlane Bores are important, and since they cost a lot it wouldn't be fair for a player to invest in one for no result...
Would be good to find and fix the bug. But I would not postpone the game start for that.
Also, I haven't build a starlane bore in any real game, only when debugging for scripting contributions, but cluster galaxy shape is the one I play the most. If we get to that stage of the game in which you can start building bores, I'd say just don't do it if the bug wasn't fixed.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#88 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus, I summon you. Where is the snap?

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#89 Post by LienRag »

Another thing : the sitrep for refueled ships doesn't seem to work for unarmed ships.

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#90 Post by BlueAward »

o01eg wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:27 am
BlueAward wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:50 pm
BlueAward wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:50 pm I would strongly ask for widening the initial expected distance between capitals. Maybe won't make much difference with 6 players, but I think it would've made with 5 we had in MP25
Is that about HS_MAX_JUMP_DISTANCE_LIMIT and HS_MIN_DISTANCE_PRIORITY_LIMIT universe generator options?
Could we still try setting HS_MAX_JUMP_DISTANCE_LIMIT to something like at least 15, despite detractors? Please? Sure that's anecdotal but with default setting of 10 I see the distances between capitals ending up about 11-12 jumps, while with 20 it ends up more like 13-14 in our case (6 players, 55 systems per players? Or is it different per player, I inferred that from test game)