Twenty-sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

drkosy
Space Dragon

Re: Twenty-sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#406 Post by drkosy »

LienRag wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:40 pm Oh, and, drkosy, can you gift me Nay gamma's inferno, so that I make it independent ? I really need all the Influence I can muster...
I build independent decree myself. Now that I have all pop raising techs it doesn't matter who build it there. To bad I build egassm, replicon at a terraformed planet would be much more pop.
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#407 Post by LienRag »

o01eg wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:48 pm No, I don't have a supply here. Maybe I should try "Initiate combat" stance to get it.
Oh.
Interesting to note.
I believe that Ophiuchus said that you were always supposed to have Supply over your own planet.

Initiate combat stance will get your frigate destroyed, maybe try "obstructive" stance first ?

o01eg
Programmer

#408 Post by o01eg »

LienRag wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:37 pm Initiate combat stance will get your frigate destroyed, maybe try "obstructive" stance first ?
Obstructive is disabled for this game, I can return it back with next update.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-05-12.bb52512.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#409 Post by Geoff the Medio »

LienRag wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:37 pmI believe that Ophiuchus said that you were always supposed to have Supply over your own planet.
Only at most one empire can have supply in a system for purposes of connecting planets and resupplying fleets. Allies can use eachother's supplied systems for fleet resupply, and can use eachother's connections between systems to extend their planet-planet connectivity. Individual planets owned by an empire should also always be supply-connected to themselves for scripted connectivity checks, even if another empire has supply in the system as a whole, but that's not the same as having supply "over" that planet.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#410 Post by LienRag »

OK, thanks Geoff.
Any idea of what we should test now ?
There's only one multi-planets system left...

One thing that was specific to Izsm and that we can't test again is that Izsm planets were gifted to me by drkosy; could that be a reason why only BlueAward (who had no part in this exchange, never had a planet in the system before he started annexing Wobbly's IIRC) could annex while neither drkosy nor me could ?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#411 Post by Ophiuchus »

LienRag wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:37 pmI believe that Ophiuchus said that you were always supposed to have Supply over your own planet.
I think what I tried to say is zero supply planets also supply the containing system.
So if nobody else supplies the system and you have a planet with zero supply and your ship is not supplied that is certainly a bug.

For allies we solved the mixed planet supply situation by considering allied supply connecting also your supply networks.

I am not sure how the situation for peaceful empires is if they mix with other empires. If they are peaceful they probably want not to interrupt the other empire's supply.
And for hidden empires this is a given, in order not to give away planet positions.

Refueling is the biggest issue, to keep fleet moving in peaceful supply.
Hidden ships of hidden empires may want to refuel at hidden planets (and fluffwise there is nothing to stop those, even in enemy supply).
Non-hidden ships of hidden empires may sometimes not want refuel at hidden planets as it would give the location away.

We could add something using FOCS for using supply networks of peaceful empires. Either a regional effect (e.g. refuel stationary fleet in up to 3 hops distance) via a building/focus on a planet and/or a policy just to be able to use peaceful supply at least for refueling (not sure about resupplying fighters). Conditionally fully integrating peaceful empires supply networks into ones own would also be an option (would need backend support).
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#412 Post by LienRag »

So, I guess that o01eg annexed Sera alpha I ?
It's quite logical that he was able to, but at least that's a test done.

Now, as LienRag I can't annex anything (failing Supply, as usual), but as BlueAward I can annex both planets at Sera alpha (passing all conditions) - so we finally succeeded in reproducing the bug, all this was not in vain !
Note that I still can't annex Nay.

IIRC, BlueAward was never in this system.
drkosy, you had ships there if I'm not mistaken, but you never had a planet there. Can you annex ?

What is the next move to test the bug to its core ?
I'm a bit at a loss, but since we succeeded in reproducing the bug, we certainly should pursue testing...

o01eg
Programmer

#413 Post by o01eg »

The server was updated to 2024-04-07.15cf063 weekly test build.
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-05-12.bb52512.

drkosy
Space Dragon

#414 Post by drkosy »

LienRag wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:03 pm drkosy, you had ships there if I'm not mistaken, but you never had a planet there. Can you annex ?
Nope, it's not possible for me, due to missing supply. But since the update there is a strange condition implemented that fails too.

As you realized, I freed Sera D. I destroyed all defences so o01eg can use it to arrange his fleet. But now that he could annex Sera A nevertheless, it seems that it wasn't necessary. Well but I can't annex it, due to the same missing conditions as Nay G.

Edit: Just checked: The first failed (with the turn since colonization etc) is shown for all colonies: Nay B (I had ships there but never invaded), Sera D (belonged to my empire), Bacabs (no ship of me has ever been to that system), even for Sly at Fetter this "faild" is shown and I definitely wasn't there at all...
Attachments
Annexing-Bug4.png
Annexing-Bug4.png (720.69 KiB) Viewed 287 times
Last edited by drkosy on Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueAward
Small Juggernaut

#415 Post by BlueAward »

Yay I always knew I am special:) wonder what is my empire Id, is it zero perchance and some conditional is off by one or something? Not sure what was my empire id

Can you add to https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/4905 with new repro info (turn, system)

By the looks of it, there's now a new condition that bans immediate annexation after new colonization/ conquest/ annexation

drkosy
Space Dragon

#416 Post by drkosy »

BlueAward wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:20 pm By the looks of it, there's now a new condition that bans immediate annexation after new colonization/ conquest/ annexation
Yes, it seems so and it seems to be heavily bugged...

Geoff the Medio

#417 Post by Geoff the Medio »

BlueAward wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:20 pmwonder what is my empire Id, is it zero perchance
It should say in the pedia entry for an empire what its ID is, unless o01eg somehow disabled that.

Geoff the Medio

#418 Post by Geoff the Medio »

drkosy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:22 pm
BlueAward wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:20 pm By the looks of it, there's now a new condition that bans immediate annexation after new colonization/ conquest/ annexation
Yes, it seems so and it seems to be heavily bugged...
New as in https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... 9968378cac not in the version you're playing.

o01eg
Programmer

#419 Post by o01eg »

BlueAward wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:20 pm Yay I always knew I am special:) wonder what is my empire Id, is it zero perchance and some conditional is off by one or something?
Your empire's id is 5.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#420 Post by LienRag »

I did annex Sera alpha II as BlueAward last turn, but apparently it didn't work (the cost hasn't been deduced from its pile either).
Now I can't anymore, nor can I as LienRag.

Could Geoff/Ophiuchus/whoever worked on the code tell us what to test now ?