Twenty-sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

o01eg
Programmer

Re: Twenty-sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#391 Post by o01eg »

The server was updated to 2024-04-01.69ee5cb weekly test build.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-05-12.bb52512.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#392 Post by LienRag »

Oh no !
My poor Influence !

(right, the game ends soon, so it doesn't matter that much, but still it's a huge loss)

drkosy
Space Dragon

#393 Post by drkosy »

LienRag wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:45 pm My poor Influence !
Me too :( It dropped from +10 to -7.4 but the only reason I see is vassilization moved from before scaling to after scaling. Great Influence was at +150 before. Well to bad as we play around with IP consuming annexing...

Edit: Hey, now that LR invaded the GG at Sera A, there is an annexing option for me.
Want some fresh experience? Try Kosymod

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#394 Post by LienRag »

I annex Sera alpha I as LienRag.
drkosy, please don't annex anything.
Next turn, o01eg, please tell us your annexation options.

o01eg
Programmer

#395 Post by o01eg »

LienRag wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:55 pm I annex Sera alpha I as LienRag.
drkosy, please don't annex anything.
Next turn, o01eg, please tell us your annexation options.
Sera α I couldn't be annexed:
11.png
11.png (83.78 KiB) Viewed 339 times
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-05-12.bb52512.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#396 Post by LienRag »

Thanks.
I evacuate my ships out of Serra, can you produce a ship there so we can see if it changes something ?

drkosy
Space Dragon

#397 Post by drkosy »

LienRag wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:42 pm I evacuate my ships out of Serra, can you produce a ship there so we can see if it changes something ?
It should be a ship with at least 190 structure, else your planetary defence would kill it. If you clear the way, maybe the frigate arrives at Sera before defence is maxed out and it survives on turn.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#398 Post by LienRag »

I still can annex Serra, but I can't annex Nay.
So, probably a Supply problem indeed (that's what fails the conditions anyway).

But it's still not exactly the same situation as at Izsm, since BlueAward was able to annex Izsm while Wobbly's fleet was on it (and o01eg couldn't at Sera).
Also, there was the very strange thing that BA was able to annex while neither drkosy nor me could. That part I'm not sure we can test, as it doesn't seem to reproduce itself.

o01eg, can you check again at Sera alpha ?
If you can annex there, and once we have one of your ships on it (I'm emptying all Seras of any ships of mine or BlueAward, as well as Tier alpha), I guess that we'll have nothing more to test (except if one of you has an hypothesis I forgot tot consider).

o01eg
Programmer

#399 Post by o01eg »

LienRag wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:08 pm o01eg, can you check again at Sera alpha ?
Nothing changed.

drkosy
Space Dragon

#400 Post by drkosy »

I just realized that your planetary defence does 48 and 24 damage per bout. That means (48+24) * 4 = 288 damage. There is no chance the fregatte survives this and we can't turn off planetary defence. We maybe could set the colony free, remove the outpost, destroy the defence with our ships, retreat and let wobbly in the very next turn. But I guess the frigate hasn't enough fuel to turn around and go somewhere it's save...

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#401 Post by LienRag »

Still as usual, I can annex Sera but not Nay.

On the Istella front, I still can't build an IRA on it but I can on Izsm delta. I'm not mistaken in considering that there is no IRA closer than 6 jumps from Istella, right ?
I counted many times all the paths I can think of, I didn't forgot one ?
I have an IRA on Krill and one on Rana, not any closer.

At Haedi I'm able to build an IRA just fine.

At Sera, the frigate can just go in passive mode ?

drkosy
Space Dragon

#402 Post by drkosy »

LienRag wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:23 pm On the Istella front, I still can't build an IRA on it but I can on Izsm delta. I'm not mistaken in considering that there is no IRA closer than 6 jumps from Istella, right ?
You can build an IRA not closer than 5 jumps. That means, you can build it 6 jumps away. For me, it sounds as there is an hidden IRA on Istella that don't belong to you. As far as I get the script right, it just checks if the planet belongs to you and if there is an IRA already present (no matter of the owner).

The check with the 5 jumps has an extra passage checking if the close by IRA belongs to you.

That is exactly what you describe: You can't build an IRA at Istella if there is one that doesn't belong to you, but you could build on at Iszm D.

Note that this is not really a bug in the script but more an issue of the bad implementation of Concede-Skript. If Concede creates a freedom decree for all owned colonies, the IRA should be destroyed, at least at invasion or annexing. That's why I wouldn't change the building script but the concede mechanism.

LienRag wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:23 pm At Sera, the frigate can just go in passive mode ?
At least it should help survive but I don't know what happens with supply because ships in passive mode don't block supply. Maybe we should allow wobbly just for this case to use the "obstructive" ship stance, we all agreed to not use.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#403 Post by LienRag »

drkosy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:21 pm That is exactly what you describe: You can't build an IRA at Istella if there is one that doesn't belong to you, but you could build on at Iszm D.

Note that this is not really a bug in the script but more an issue of the bad implementation of Concede-Skript. If Concede creates a freedom decree for all owned colonies, the IRA should be destroyed, at least at invasion or annexing. That's why I wouldn't change the building script but the concede mechanism.
Most probably, yes.
That's what I wanted to be sure of.

drkosy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:21 pm At least it should help survive but I don't know what happens with supply because ships in passive mode don't block supply.

Well, that's one thing to test.

drkosy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:21 pmMaybe we should allow wobbly just for this case to use the "obstructive" ship stance, we all agreed to not use.

That's another thing to test (on the turn after we test the first)...
I certainly have no qualm with o01eg using the obstructive stance at this stage of the game.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#404 Post by LienRag »

Drat, I forgot that I had mines in my queue !
I paused the next level but level 1 is already here.
I guess that we'll need to let o01eg rest at Sera gamma while he combines his forces ?

Did your frigate get supplied at Sera, o01eg ?

I declared independance at Sera alpha, that should allow another test of what happens there.
Then as drkosy suggested we may come and crush the independent defenses, then let o01eg come back to the planet and see if it changes something.

Oh, and, drkosy, can you gift me Nay gamma's inferno, so that I make it independent ? I really need all the Influence I can muster...

o01eg
Programmer

#405 Post by o01eg »

LienRag wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:40 pm Did your frigate get supplied at Sera, o01eg ?

I declared independance at Sera alpha, that should allow another test of what happens there.
Then as drkosy suggested we may come and crush the independent defenses, then let o01eg come back to the planet and see if it changes something.

Oh, and, drkosy, can you gift me Nay gamma's inferno, so that I make it independent ? I really need all the Influence I can muster...
No, I don't have a supply here. Maybe I should try "Initiate combat" stance to get it.