Online voice chat meeting, Wednesday 1st July

Discussion about the project in general, organization, website, or any other details that aren't directly about the game.
rah
Space Floater

Online voice chat meeting, Wednesday 1st July

#1 Post by rah »

Hi all,

Tomorrow will be the second online voice chat meeting, at 8pm Berlin time. Here is the agenda for the meeting:

1. Release
2. Any other business

I'm assuming the release will be the main topic. Please reply here you have anything more you'd like to add to the agenda.

The venue will be a Jitsi Meet room here:

https://meet.jit.si/ThoroughNovembersConvertPossibly

Jitsi Meet uses WebRTC. I would strongly recommend testing your browser's audio setup before the meeting.

Cheers,

rah

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Online voice chat meeting, Wednesday 1st July

#2 Post by Vezzra »

AFAIK, chromium based browsers strongly recommended. Firefox has issues.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by LienRag »

Vezzra wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:50 pm AFAIK, chromium based browsers strongly recommended. Firefox has issues.
Really ?
I used Framasoft's instance of Jitsi Meet (framatalk.org) on Firefox and didn't notice a problem ?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#4 Post by Ophiuchus »

LienRag wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:36 am
Vezzra wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:50 pm AFAIK, chromium based browsers strongly recommended. Firefox has issues.
Really ?
I used Framasoft's instance of Jitsi Meet (framatalk.org) on Firefox and didn't notice a problem ?
Usually Firefox is fine with Jitsi.
It just worse than chromium if you do 1-on-1 (Firefox needs to use.the server currently, so no peer2peer) .
Generally with Jitsi in browsers I sometimes loose a stream (black frame), but simple reloading fixes that.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#5 Post by Vezzra »

LienRag wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:36 amI used Framasoft's instance of Jitsi Meet (framatalk.org) on Firefox and didn't notice a problem ?
Apparently Firefox implemented WebRTC differently, and that allegedly can cause problems (not only for the one using FF, but for the other participants of a group call as well). The only thing I experienced was what Ophiuchus mentioned, the occasional loss of the video feed (, which I didn't experience with Opera yet.