Add mass driver 5

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer, Oberlus, Committer

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Add mass driver 5

#1 Post by Ophiuchus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:59 am

In the current game I have known that i will be stuck with bad pilots for a looooong time. I would like to have an alternative military option.

With great pilot species you rather rush for Laser-1 (60RP, dam9) than for MD-4 (40RP, dam8). (Same could happen goes for Plasma-1 vs Laser-4 i think). Level four is usually not RP efficient.

With bad pilot its kind of opposite, you usually want the highest tech level available as each new weapon type gives a bigger malus.

For bad pilot MD-1 is 2 damage, Laser-1 is 3 damage L4 is 9 damage, Plasma-1 is 6, DR-1 is 11

With a MD-5 for 60RP (like lasers) you could bring damage up to 7 (6 for bad species). So a MD5 would be as cost efficient as L4.

For average species also dam 7 means upgraded comsats can be downed in a single shot, so if you have some investment in mass drivers this single damage might make a big difference.

Opinions?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Furthermore, I propse... we should default to four combat rounds instead of three ...for the good of playerkind.