Old Story Board Policy

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Nightfish
FreeOrion Designer / Space Monster

Old Story Board Policy

#1 Post by Nightfish »

There has been some confusion as to how things are supposed to work on this board. So, here's our brand new FreeOrion Story Board Policy to clear things up.

Similar to the Game Design board, people are not to create their own threads here as it would quickly get very difficult for us mods to work their way through things.

So, to alleviate this there are two sink threads for you to post stuff in: One for the finished races and another one for you to brainstorm to your hearts' content.

Threads for specific races are created by the Mods if they think your race is cool. :wink:

As we don't have a lot of manpower to spare to police this board it was either this or lock the whole thing until we really need races. Personally I feel that it doesn't hurt to let races accumulate from now on until we need them so I'm all for keeping the board open. I hope this is an acceptable solution for everybody. If anything is unclear, feel free to ask.

One last thing: I'll delete threads posted in violation of this statement without warning as I don't have the time to repeat myself over and over. Have a nice day :wink:

UPDATE:
I'll try to clarify the purpose of those two threads as there seems to have been some confusion.

If your race is not finished but you want other's imput post it in the brainstorming sink. This thread is not for finished races.

So, if your race is finished put it in the "Post your races here" thread. This is the thread mods will read every once in a while looking for races to give new threads to. If your race started out in the brainstorming thread than take a finished version and repost it in the "Post yor races here" thread.

A final word on the "Post your races here" thread: It would help mods greatly if this thread contained only races and nothing else. (no comments, no offtopic rants, etc)

Nightfish
FreeOrion Designer / Space Monster

#2 Post by Nightfish »

Updated the policy to clarify the purpose of our two sink threads.

Ablaze
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by Ablaze »

This is the old policy from when Nightfish was moderating these forums. I'm leaving it here for reference. The new policy can be found here.
Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas.