Seventh game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

o01eg
Programmer

Re: Seventh game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#16 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:11 pm
o01eg wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:55 am I've restarted test game again. I would like to have Magnate, JonCST and Hyperant try to play it.
Have you contacted them directly about the test game and have you got an answer? I expect them (or at least Magnate) to not have visited the forums in the recent days.
I have their e-mail and server will send them notification when the game started. Currently I don't have a any confirmation system.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-01-30.0dd6806.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#17 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:50 pm
Oberlus wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:11 pm
o01eg wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:55 am I've restarted test game again. I would like to have Magnate, JonCST and Hyperant try to play it.
Have you contacted them directly about the test game and have you got an answer? I expect them (or at least Magnate) to not have visited the forums in the recent days.
I have their e-mail and server will send them notification when the game started. Currently I don't have a any confirmation system.
Then chances are they will not know about the test game, and only connect to the server when the actual game starts.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#18 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:50 pm I have their e-mail and server will send them notification when the game started. Currently I don't have a any confirmation system.
What about sending an email to all signed players also when the Test game starts? (only for the start, not for each turn).

o01eg
Programmer

#19 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:03 pm
o01eg wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:50 pm I have their e-mail and server will send them notification when the game started. Currently I don't have a any confirmation system.
What about sending an email to all signed players also when the Test game starts? (only for the start, not for each turn).
I've disabled e-mail for first turn in the test game for some reason.
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-01-30.0dd6806.

o01eg
Programmer

#20 Post by o01eg »

Seventh game started!

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#21 Post by Hyperant »

Im alive and ready to spread joy through the galaxy, by force.

More on that when i get back roughly 6 hours from now.
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

swaq
Space Dragon

#22 Post by swaq »

I thought this was a pacifist server! 8)

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#23 Post by Oberlus »

I was fucking desperate for the game to begin! :lol:
Now I'm desperate for the turn to advance.

I don't like my species, by the way :roll:
So I'll have to steal yours :twisted:

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#24 Post by Oberlus »

If, by any chance, JonCST does not join the game (I assume he has never said anything about joining it), we could restart the game with teams?
I guess we should restart the game anyway if he does not show up, not only because not having to wait 23 hours every turn but also because the empire that happens to find and conquer the innactive player HW will have a huge boost.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#25 Post by Hyperant »

Establishment of the Lumin Federation

5belts.PNG
5belts.PNG (80.38 KiB) Viewed 1365 times

We are a recently emerging space faring Meritocratic Feudalistic society ready to take to the stars to expand our wealth, power and prosperity, guided at the helm by the Enlightened Leader and his Council of Five
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Magnate
Space Dragon

#26 Post by Magnate »

Sorry not to be around much - I'm not travelling for a while, but work is getting hard, and it's about to go crazy on 1st Feb!

I will do my turns over breakfast until they get complicated, and then I will only do them in the evenings (GMT/CET). If I survive long enough, I might be asking for the timeout to extend to 27h or 30h because if I don't get back until later than the previous evening I may miss a turn.

If anyone wants to contact me, for diplomacy or other reasons, please email - rantingman at gmail dot com. I do usually reply to emails within a day or so.

Has Oberlus just given away the galaxy map or is it a different galaxy now?

Have fun everyone!

swaq
Space Dragon

#27 Post by swaq »

Magnate wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:56 pm Sorry not to be around much - I'm not travelling for a while, but work is getting hard, and it's about to go crazy on 1st Feb!
Don't work too hard :)

Magnate wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:56 pm Has Oberlus just given away the galaxy map or is it a different galaxy now?
That's from the test game which is a different seed from the actual current game.

swaq
Space Dragon

#28 Post by swaq »

Formicarium Log Cycle 5

A fresh galaxy to colonize! Though we wish to get to work immediately our leadership has been spooked by tales of mass suicide via overwork in another galaxy and have mandated 3-day weekends and no hard physical labor. Inventing stuff is so boring!

In accordance with our eusociality policies and desire for maximum rate of galactic expansion we have formed a symbiotic relationship with our nearest neighbor who assures us that they have no desire for sand. Mmmm, sand.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#29 Post by Magnate »

Sorry folks, I'm just not feeling it. Last time I was gated behind three monsters, this time only two but the one route into the rest of the galaxy led me immediately into two neighbouring empires. I really really dislike the frequency of monsters in the galaxy settings - the Low setting is way way too many for my liking. I also really dislike galaxies so small I meet neighbouring empires before I've settled my first outpost. When I play with others we have a minimum of 50 systems per player and often 60 or 75. This makes for a very different experience - by the time you meet anyone your empire has its own shape and personality. (This also means you don't have to make tech and production artificially cheap to speed up the game.)

So I've conceded. My homeworld will be quite hard to find and should not unbalance the game too much. I hope all my ships have disappeared.

It's been fun playing with you guys - I look forward to playing some different length games in future. Right now I'm trying to fly to Colonia, if any of you appreciate the scale of that task ;-)

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#30 Post by Vezzra »

Magnate wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:27 pmRight now I'm trying to fly to Colonia, if any of you appreciate the scale of that task ;-)
Ha! An Elite: Dangerous player :D

Yeah, I feel with you, very much so. Exposed myself to that experience in the past, and, oh boy... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hours upon hours of "Frame Shift Drive charging" ... "4, 3, 2, 1, Engage" ... "Fuel scooping" ... "Fuel scooping complete". Conclusion: get your jump range maxed out as much as you can before you subject yourself to that insane endeavor. Your sanity will thank you for every jump you can cut... :mrgreen: