Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#181 Post by Oberlus »

Magnate wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:11 pm I'm not sure that has worked - I can join the lobby but I get "The server is not currently accepting players because a game is being played" ...
Try using alleryn as the player name.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#182 Post by Magnate »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:31 pm
Magnate wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:11 pm I'm not sure that has worked - I can join the lobby but I get "The server is not currently accepting players because a game is being played" ...
Ah ok that worked. I thought a delegate could connect as him/herself but never mind.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#183 Post by Oberlus »

Magnate wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:43 pmI thought a delegate could connect as him/herself but never mind.
I thought the same.
But now I see some advantages to this system: a player can be delegate for more than one empire if not using his own name.

o01eg
Programmer

#184 Post by o01eg »

Do you choose alleryn empire in drop down list against your row?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

o01eg
Programmer

#185 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:31 pm
I thought I disabled OTP to other players. It supposed to work with your own name.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Magnate
Space Dragon

#186 Post by Magnate »

o01eg wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:46 pm
Do you choose alleryn empire in drop down list against your row?
Well whaddya know - it worked - thanks Oleg!

The Silent One
Graphics

#187 Post by The Silent One »

(take with a grain of salt)

Turn 84
Eaxaw citizens at Constance and Ster rejoice as they are being liberated by Chato soldiers.

"Three of my wormlings died in that concentration camp, I myself would not have made it out alive if it weren't for the Chato. I used to think of them as evil, but now I see it was our corrupt government who lied to us all along. I'm so thankful the reign of terror is finally over and hope the ones responsible in the government will be put to judgement soon." Propagandinia, Mother of Many

While many are saved, more are desperately hoping to be rescued, as the the worst genocide this galaxy has ever seen continues. However, with the swaq leaders having fallen from grace and abandoned by their former masters, there is little in the way of Chato freedom forces, who work day and night to save every esteemed organic lifeform they can.

The Chato love you!
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

swaq
Space Dragon

#188 Post by swaq »

You just don't understand our culture. These worms would rather die than serve under your tyranny!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#189 Post by Oberlus »

swaq wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:08 pm You just don't understand our culture. These worms would rather die than serve under your tyranny!
Di que sí!
Spanish: we trust the real goverment of the snakes!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#190 Post by Oberlus »

Turn eightysomething:

What a game!

TSO's army of Eaxaw selfgravs seems unstoppable, a force of nature. Eating swaq alive.

alleryn's big army of little chaff is seemingly powerless.

o01eg's fleets at the centre of the galaxy can't rival Oberlus selfgravs but are enough to pose a threat so should not be left alone, hindering the defence of swaq's worlds against TSO.

L29Ah keeps piling up fighters at Alsafi alpha, threatening Oberlus space.

Too many fronts!

L29Ah is literally researching the fucking whole research tree. He got Pure Energy Metabolism long ago, Enclave of the Void and Black Hole Generator are on the way or already researched.
He will probably win the game in a solo victory against TS01eg once swaq-alleryn-Oberlus alliance is wiped out of the galaxy.

But we will fight till the end with tooth and nail!

The Silent One
Graphics

#191 Post by The Silent One »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:14 amHe will probably win the game in a solo victory against TS01eg once swaq-alleryn-Oberlus alliance is wiped out of the galaxy.
Aren't you downplaying the strength of the SAO alliance a little too much? That sure is a tasty doomstack of 600/3.6k + fighters on my doorstep. I can match firepower, but all that chaff... gotta go build comsats...
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#192 Post by Oberlus »

The Silent One wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:37 amAren't you downplaying the strength of the SAO alliance a little too much?
Maybe. I hope so, in fact.
But my overconfidence from the early stages of the game is all gone, for good. I have no idea of your real research and production output but I see you are building army at a rate similar to mine (with a +33% extra weaponry power thanks to your Eaxaw, so I could be building +25% faster than you and still be at a disadvantage, kudos to you!), and getting new planets faster than me, while alleryn empire is stuck with old techs (early organic hulls and laser), and swaq is doomed right now, incapable of posing any resistance against you. How many worlds have you captured in the last 5 turns? 8? I've got a few exobot planets from o01eg that are still on the verge of being retaken. I'm genuinely scared (and enjoying an exciting game! I will never again be able to enjoy a single-player game hahaha).
I think I can stop you if I focus on that task, although only stop you, not sure I can make you lose systems at a good rate. However, if I do that, L29Ah would have free way to grow faster, taking my systems at the east part of the galaxy. His army is not really scary right now, but once he gets all the techs he is hoarding he will begin producing terrifying eng-game ships, and I can't even split his space into two, even less take any powerhouse from him. Tic Tac Tic Tac.

The Silent One
Graphics

#193 Post by The Silent One »

What we really need to implement is a replay function - I'd love to see this game play out (once it's finished), see who colonised, conquered, researched what when...!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#194 Post by Oberlus »

The Silent One wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:26 pm What we really need to implement is a replay function - I'd love to see this game play out (once it's finished), see who colonised, conquered, researched what when...!
You shall not discover my secrets!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#195 Post by Oberlus »

L29Ah Empire stats wrote:Cyborgs : Turn 62
Solar Orbital Generation : Turn 62
Defense Network Regeneration 1 : Turn 64
Gateway to the Void : Turn 64
Laser Fighters : Turn 66
Plasma Fighters : Turn 68
Theory of Everything : Turn 69
Unified Consciousness : Turn 71
Mono-Cellular Expansion : Turn 71
Planetary Barrier Shield 2 : Turn 73
Enclave of the Void : Turn 74
Deuterium Tank : Turn 76
Architectural Psychology : Turn 77
Microgravity Industry : Turn 77
Interstellar Lighthouse : Turn 77
Planetary Defense Network 3 : Turn 78
Stellar Tomography : Turn 78
Concentration Camps : Turn 81
Greater Industrial Center : Turn 81
Force-Energy Structures : Turn 82
Bio-Neural Specialization : Turn 83
Pure-Energy Metabolism : Turn 84
Orbital Habitation : Turn 85
Planetary Fortification Network : Turn 85
Planetary Barrier Shield 3 : Turn 88
Generic Supplies : Turn 88
OMG
MJEatingPopCorn.jpg
MJEatingPopCorn.jpg (3.9 KiB) Viewed 908 times
Just saying.

And I saw those Death Rays you are building, TheSilentOne.

¬_¬