Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderators: Oberlus, Oberlus

Message
Author
User avatar
swaq
Space Kraken
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#166 Post by swaq » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:17 pm

99 ships involved in big battle at Tabul.
Attachments
BattleForTabul.png
BattleForTabul.png (52.02 KiB) Viewed 152 times

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#167 Post by Oberlus » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:07 pm

It was a pleasure to do some pew pew at Tabul with so many great empires!
Now looking forward to repeat it on the following system. And the next. And the next.And the next.And the next.

Edit: MUAHAHAHA

Edit2: The Great Galactic Anti-Comsat League of Justice will prevail!
Not so great now that Jon deflected to join the Dirty Rebellion of Comsatmakers, but growing fast as we'll eradicate the Heretic False Egassem from the blue worlds.

User avatar
The Silent One
Graphics
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:27 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#168 Post by The Silent One » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:20 am

Turn 77
Overly sure of their victory, the Empire of Organic Chaff has suffered a painful defeat at Tabul, despite being aided by timid Eaxaw empress Swaq who did not dare oppose the forces trying to enslave the galaxy. Many essences of brave crystal entities were lost, but thanks to their fearless sacrifice, freedom has prevailed for now. After the hostile fighter forces were cleared by heroic elite flak forces, there was nothing to withstand ultimate Chato firepower. Sensors are picking up signals of remaining Oberlus ships hidden in the ion storm raging over Tabul, but they are being ripped apart by mines and defences are being reinforced.
Probably there will be no victory for freedom in the long run, but for now, the crystal spirit remains undented.
Propaganda out.
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#169 Post by Oberlus » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:33 am

Turn 78

The First Great Battle of Tabul is over, only a few unarmed ships from alleryn Empire remain there, along with the massive warships that the TSO Chato Vermin materialised in the last minute. Bummer...
During this time, the other Chato Pest called L29Ah Empire keeps growing and piling up junk in Alsafi beta. Their technology is awesome, they have the best research in the Galaxy and to eradicate them will be a real problem if we lose too much time fighting the Chato Vermin. Bummer...
The False Egassem have committed mass suicide, not before crushing to death their enslaved worms and wipe out every building on their planets. Looks like their outstanding diplomacy didn't work out. Hard to understand!

User avatar
swaq
Space Kraken
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#170 Post by swaq » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:06 pm

alleryn wanted to retreat last turn... But no one stuck around long enough for a discussion. I guess I should have delayed the turn so we could talk about it...

JonCST
Space Kraken
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:28 am

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#171 Post by JonCST » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Oberlus wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:33 am
[...] Hard to understand!
In spite of you claiming it's nothing personal, you're making it sound awfully personal.

I'm out of the game now. That should be the end of it.

Jon

JonCST
Space Kraken
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:28 am

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#172 Post by JonCST » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:31 pm

Oh, also:
Oberlus wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:33 am
[...] their outstanding diplomacy didn't work out.
I'm pretty sure i never claimed to be good at it. I literally posted "diplomacy is hard".

Jon

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#173 Post by Oberlus » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:57 pm

Let's clean our dirty rags in private, please. No more puns from me, no more lecturing from you, please. Peace.

User avatar
alleryn
Space Dragon
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#174 Post by alleryn » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm

I'm pretty busy for the forseeable future. Is there anyone who is available to take over my empire?

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#175 Post by Oberlus » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 pm

alleryn wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm
I'm pretty busy for the forseeable future. Is there anyone who is available to take over my empire?
I guess you can't give an estimation of how long will you be busy.

It seems to me that playing two empires simultaneously is sort of OP, even if the two empires are allied since the early game and working together like one. Also, a bit of a burden to connect twice for each turn. I hope there is someone that can take over alleryn's empire, at least until he is back. I'm writing Magnate, maybe he's available. Otherwise I think we have a problem here because there is no other active players around, unless someone new pops up.

If alleryn concedes, I would concede too, because our whole strategy is based on cooperation and because we have earned strong and decided enemies that would eventually overtake me if I play alone or allied with swaq.
As a last resort, and only if alleryn is not going to come back for a looong time, his empire could be split between me and swaq (the current allies of alleryn), more for swaq than for me (because I have a stronger empire right now), as long as swaq and me do not stay allied in the end game (otherwise it would be unfair for the other three empires allied against us).

:cry:

o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#176 Post by o01eg » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Oberlus wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 pm
alleryn wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm
I'm pretty busy for the forseeable future. Is there anyone who is available to take over my empire?
I guess you can't give an estimation of how long will you be busy.

It seems to me that playing two empires simultaneously is sort of OP, even if the two empires are allied since the early game and working together like one. Also, a bit of a burden to connect twice for each turn. I hope there is someone that can take over alleryn's empire, at least until he is back. I'm writing Magnate, maybe he's available. Otherwise I think we have a problem here because there is no other active players around, unless someone new pops up.

If alleryn concedes, I would concede too, because our whole strategy is based on cooperation and because we have earned strong and decided enemies that would eventually overtake me if I play alone or allied with swaq.
As a last resort, and only if alleryn is not going to come back for a looong time, his empire could be split between me and swaq (the current allies of alleryn), more for swaq than for me (because I have a stronger empire right now), as long as swaq and me do not stay allied in the end game (otherwise it would be unfair for the other three empires allied against us).

:cry:
There also Hyperant was registered recently.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.72.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 0.4.9.
Donations are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

Magnate
Dyson Forest
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#177 Post by Magnate » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Oberlus wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:41 pm
My ideal for next game would be:

Galaxy shape: ring.
It allows for a fair distribution of players: you have one on the left and one on the right, you can't end up in the centre of the galaxy with enemies in many fronts.

Specials: low.
No specials is a great advantage for phototrophic and self-sustaining species.

Monsters: low.
Monsters: none would mean that any special is readily obtainable, which is a disadvantage for empires that do not get one nearby.

Natives: low.
Just because.
There's a huge difference between Low and None - Jon is right that None is the best approximation to pure PvP strategy - but only if we all start as Human. As you said, phototropic or self-sustaining get a massive boost without specials. And some races (Scylior, Chato, Gysache) are simply OP anyway. Nobody has claimed that the races are balanced, so we shouldn't be surprised that it makes a massive difference. As does the RNG with your starting and nearby systems.

I'm sort of fine with Oberlus's settings except that Low monsters is way way too high. If Low monsters generates an actual low amount of monsters, like every 15-20 systems instead of every 4-5 systems, I'd accept it. But Low natives can be very unbalancing, if someone gets a lucky close Mu Ursh or Ugmors or Scylior - I think if you have natives at all you should have Medium or High.

And yes I'm happy to play for alleryn if he's ok with that. Any strategic handover notes appreciated!

User avatar
alleryn
Space Dragon
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#178 Post by alleryn » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Magnate wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm
And yes I'm happy to play for alleryn if he's ok with that. Any strategic handover notes appreciated!
Many thanks! Oberlus/swaq should be able to fill you in on strategy.

Thank you all for a fun game. Apologies that i am not able to continue. Good luck!

o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#179 Post by o01eg » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:25 am

alleryn wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:11 pm
Magnate wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm
And yes I'm happy to play for alleryn if he's ok with that. Any strategic handover notes appreciated!
Many thanks! Oberlus/swaq should be able to fill you in on strategy.

Thank you all for a fun game. Apologies that i am not able to continue. Good luck!
OK, I've enabled Magnate as your delegate in this game.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.72.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 0.4.9.
Donations are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

Magnate
Dyson Forest
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Re: Sixth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9)

#180 Post by Magnate » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:11 pm

I'm not sure that has worked - I can join the lobby but I get "The server is not currently accepting players because a game is being played" ...

Post Reply