Ship designs gone next turn

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Magnate
Space Dragon

Ship designs gone next turn

#1 Post by Magnate »

Hi all,

Playing 4f372cb with two friends using the longturn server, and we have this weird recurring bug. None of us can build gravity hulls or titanic hulls, even though the AI is doing so! When we research them, the hull appears in the list. We can design a ship and add it to finished designs. We can even put it into the build queue if the grav building is built. But the next turn, the design has gone from the list of finished designs and from the build queue. It's still listed in the hull list so we can design it again, but ....

Anyone seen this? One player now has research Scattered Asteroid Hulls and says the same happens with those. I have gone organic all the way to Sentient and those all build fine. Nobody has tried energy hulls yet.

Grateful for any thoughts - happy to provide a save if it's not a known issue (and i'll open an issue on github - just wanted to check here first)

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Ship designs gone next turn

#2 Post by Oberlus »

Did a quick search for issues with ship designs and found nothing.
With previous weekly test version I was able to build any hull. It's something with current version or maybe some weird problem with the slow game server.
I think opening an issue with logs (specially server, I think) and saves is sensible.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#3 Post by Magnate »

Ok done, with save

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Might be an issue with version inconsistency. Make sure you're using the same build and using the correct resource directory.