Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Magnate
Space Dragon

Re: Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

#226 Post by Magnate »

I've been studying blockading and I think I may have found a bug. swaq's final fleet arrived from the west at Mze A this turn, and it fought a combined fleet of me+o01eg. This turn his surviving ships are blockaded and cannot move south to Draco, but they can move east to Hydros Alpha. WTF? How is this possible? I thought if there were surviving blockaders he could only retreat whence he came?

swaq
Space Dragon

#227 Post by swaq »

Magnate wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:54 pm I've been studying blockading and I think I may have found a bug. swaq's final fleet arrived from the west at Mze A this turn, and it fought a combined fleet of me+o01eg. This turn his surviving ships are blockaded and cannot move south to Draco, but they can move east to Hydros Alpha. WTF? How is this possible? I thought if there were surviving blockaders he could only retreat whence he came?
I didn't move the incoming ships to Hydros Alpha. I moved the ships that had already been at Mze Alpha and survived the first wave.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#228 Post by Magnate »

swaq wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 pm
Magnate wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:54 pm I've been studying blockading and I think I may have found a bug. swaq's final fleet arrived from the west at Mze A this turn, and it fought a combined fleet of me+o01eg. This turn his surviving ships are blockaded and cannot move south to Draco, but they can move east to Hydros Alpha. WTF? How is this possible? I thought if there were surviving blockaders he could only retreat whence he came?
I didn't move the incoming ships to Hydros Alpha. I moved the ships that had already been at Mze Alpha and survived the first wave.
Sorry, my bad - I wasn't commenting on what you did, but on what my client is telling me this turn - it says "This fleet can only move to: Deep Space, Hydros Alpha". I don't understand how it could now move to Hydros Alpha, since it arrived from the west last turn...

swaq
Space Dragon

#229 Post by swaq »

Magnate wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:17 pm
swaq wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 pm
Sorry, my bad - I wasn't commenting on what you did, but on what my client is telling me this turn - it says "This fleet can only move to: Deep Space, Hydros Alpha". I don't understand how it could now move to Hydros Alpha, since it arrived from the west last turn...
Maybe because ships came in from both the west and from Hydros Alpha?

swaq
Space Dragon

#230 Post by swaq »

Turn 110: o01eg makes a sneak attack on JonCST via Starlane Bore!
StarlaneBore.png
StarlaneBore.png (111.08 KiB) Viewed 1331 times

Magnate
Space Dragon

#231 Post by Magnate »

Sadly I think the server has crashed so we may not see the results of said sneak attack! I can see the lobby but it never goes to the game ...

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#232 Post by Oberlus »

swaq wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:42 pmvia Starlane Bore!
Cool!
Magnate wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:51 pmSadly I think the server has crashed so we may not see the results of said sneak attack! I can see the lobby but it never goes to the game ...
I pressume the results: doom for JonCST.

o01eg
Programmer

#233 Post by o01eg »

Magnate wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:51 pm Sadly I think the server has crashed so we may not see the results of said sneak attack! I can see the lobby but it never goes to the game ...
It's a strange disconnection issue, try to choose your empire in drop down list.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

JonCST
Space Kraken

Re: Fifth game: Current crashing after login

#234 Post by JonCST »

Hi all.

I just tried to connect to the server. First it requested the OTP, which usually means a version change? Did i miss an upgrade announcement?

After i gave the password, it loaded the messages, then crashed.

Attempting to restart, it did not ask for password, loaded the messages, and crashed again.

Would someone please refresh my memory where (on OS X) one finds the log file?

Thanks.

Jon

alleryn
Space Dragon

Re: Fifth game: Current crashing after login

#235 Post by alleryn »

JonCST wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:41 pm Would someone please refresh my memory where (on OS X) one finds the log file?
I don't know offhand on mac, but if you open up the game and go to
(Options > Directories > Save files (parent directory))
you can see it there.

o01eg
Programmer

#236 Post by o01eg »

Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.

swaq
Space Dragon

#237 Post by swaq »

I grabbed some graphs from turn 110.

Cyan - swaq
Blue - JonCST
Green - alleryn
Magenta - Magnate
Yellow - o01eg
Burgundy - TheSilentOne

The colonies graph really highlights how slow our team's start was:
colonies.png
colonies.png (85.8 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

Military strength was surprisingly even until JonCST's first big loss:
military.png
military.png (88.72 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

I had the best research start since I had Cray and found a Good planet three jumps from my homeworld. I got adaptive automation about five turns before Magnate.
research.png
research.png (87.16 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

Production was a blowout, not even close:
production.png
production.png (91.3 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

Magnate
Space Dragon

#238 Post by Magnate »

Cool - it's great to see the graphs after the game ends! (How do you turn them on? I didn't think you could edit that setting in a savegame?)

I'd like to say a big thank you to team AllerswaqCST for such spirited play - but I hope you will agree that MVP must go to TheSilentOne for holding off two of you single-handedly while I countered swaq and o01eg did nothing ;-)

Thanks everyone for another great game.

o01eg
Programmer

#239 Post by o01eg »

Magnate wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:35 pm Cool - it's great to see the graphs after the game ends! (How do you turn them on? I didn't think you could edit that setting in a savegame?)
The graphs are saved. They are simply not transferred to the clients.

The Silent One
Graphics

#240 Post by The Silent One »

Magnate wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:35 pmI'd like to say a big thank you to team AllerswaqCST for such spirited play - but I hope you will agree that MVP must go to TheSilentOne for holding off two of you single-handedly while I countered swaq and o01eg did nothing ;-)
Ah, thanks but I don't think so. I felt a bit like a cheater with the comsats, Jon had a difficult starting location; I think Alleryn could have been more couragious, I'm doubtful we would have withstood a decisive attack. Anyhow, thanks for a great game!
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.