Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

The Silent One
Graphics

Re: Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

#211 Post by The Silent One »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:20 pmI assume I'm not needed anymore as delegate of TSO.
So you guys, do me a favour and kill each other ASAP, I want to join next game :twisted:
Thanks for offering to step in. Game may take a while though, I'm just loving the com-sats! :roll:
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

swaq
Space Dragon

#212 Post by swaq »

Maybe next game we'll have PR #2628 merged to discourage comsat spam. Or we could just agree to limit comsats to one per system.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#213 Post by Oberlus »

An update of your adventures would be welcome!

alleryn
Space Dragon

#214 Post by alleryn »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:05 pm An update of your adventures would be welcome!
In this part of the galaxy, the Allerynian empire has realized how ridiculously behind in technology it is, so has hunkered down, spewing out comsats in the hope of warding off invasion while whipping it's citizens away from their preferred life of building stuff to the drudging life of thinking about stuff.

Sorry, wish i had a more interesting sitrep for you, but that's how it is, in this part of the galaxy.

swaq
Space Dragon

#215 Post by swaq »

The mythical turn 100 awaits at the very next step. Only standoffs or bloodshed will follow, at the whim of our oppressors. The peaceful colony of Myrtilus was once again captured by the Magnate dynasty, only one turn before a defense ship was completed. o01eg overclocked his ship engines and warped to the deep space choke point, instantly wiping out four ships on guard duty. There are just not enough ships to go around to defend all sides of the swaq empire. The economic pressure is finally catching up as well. Magnate is building Fractal hull ships which are certainly enough of a match to the fervent self-grav defenders that doom is imminent. Well, we can at least throw a few rocks before we are subjugated. JonCST is finally attacking the Sentinel which has been inconveniently sitting at the one starlane that connects his empire to alleryn's. alleryn's large fleet is intimidating but he has insufficient detection to actually use it to capture any colonies.

So. Uhhh. Can we call this a draw?

swaq
Space Dragon

#216 Post by swaq »

Well, Magnate chose bloodshed. I took a bit of a gamble to make a final counterattack attempt and Magnate called my bluff. In the last two turns I have lost 12 ships and only destroyed 4 in return. That is about a quarter of my combat ships. In addition, Magnate has researched more planet stealth tech and has prevented me from getting the satisfaction of taking over even just one outpost.

Considering the difference in combat strength, economic output, current research levels, and fleet positioning I think it is safe to call this game over. I haven't discussed this with JonCST yet but alleryn agrees that our team can safely resign at this point. Congrats to team TSO/Magnate/o01eg!

I really enjoyed my first multiplayer game. Though it was a losing battle it was fun to see what sort of defenses and counterattacks I could muster. I feel I learned quite a lot as human play is very different from the AI. Maneuvering fleets felt a lot more like chess with having to plan a few steps ahead and trying to predict enemy movements.

I am very much looking forward to the next game. Hopefully with less comsats.

swaq
Space Dragon

#217 Post by swaq »

Full galaxy screenshot attached (from perspective of my empire).
Attachments
Turn100_FullGalaxy.jpg
Turn100_FullGalaxy.jpg (683.9 KiB) Viewed 1265 times

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#218 Post by Oberlus »

Thank you, guys, for the heads-up.

Please, do not feel compelled to concede because of I said. I can wait whatever it takes.
Although... I see your point :roll:

swaq
Space Dragon

#219 Post by swaq »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:36 am Please, do not feel compelled to concede because of I said. I can wait whatever it takes.
That had no bearing on it. I believe there is nothing left to play for in this game.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#220 Post by Oberlus »

swaq wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:15 pm That had no bearing on it. I believe there is nothing left to play for in this game.
Then be my guest! I'll be ready for full throttle gameplay from next monday.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#221 Post by Magnate »

"I think we're finally ready to take Mze Alpha sir"

"Good, good. ...... Well get on with it then, it's been eight bloody years..... What's the problem?"

"Well sir we need a couple more months."

"Why? Didn't you just tell me you're finally ready? Haven't we leapfrogged their main fleet after threatening Alterf? They'll give us a nasty bruise when they get there and we'll lose a ton of troops but we should be able to get a foothold. I want that gravitational facility."

"Yes sir, we now have the probability of that at almost 50%. But .... we've had indications of a peaceful surrender."

"What? You mean the weird mass suicide/ascension thing?"

"Well no sir, we don't think so. Rumours are that the worms are up for peaceful assimilation, or might be in a few months."

"Worms? I thought they were retreating from the southern border."

"Etty. Cray. Whatever they are. The Freedom brigade."

"Oh dear. Peace eh? That's not good. Have you told the chocolate monkeys?"

"No sir. But we should, yes?"

"No. Absolutely not. Don't say anything to anyone. In fact round up anyone who's discussing peaceful assimilation and shoot them. And tell the labs to get a move on."

JonCST
Space Kraken

Re: Fifth game Rigel Combat

#222 Post by JonCST »

I can't find a way to copy the combat log. Due to the number of comsats, fighters, and troopships involved, it would take 6 screenshots to post it here as images.

The basic summary is:

Most of the troop ships, comsats, and fighters died, leaving them with more big ships left than i had. But, the planets survived the first round with some shields and full weapons, so that made a difference next turn. And, of course, there are level 2 mines.

Second turn, they had 6 of those invisible ships, which all got free hits in the first round. We cleaned out the remaining troops, coms, and fighters. Two of the planet's shields are gone and weapons reduced, and all of my original big ships are dead, leaving 5 or 6 invisibles in orbit. Mines are still effective, and two robocruisers have arrived as reinforcements.

Next turn should see the demise of one or two more of the invisibles, the death of my two robos, and arrival on 1 new robo, plus whatever the mines do as an afterthought.

I must say that bringing death rays to a laser fight is just unfair.

J.

The Silent One
Graphics

#223 Post by The Silent One »

Death rays? I wish I had those... Rigel gave me a bloody nose and I will now retreat, lick my wounds (yuck) and complain how mean comsats are.
I'll... I'll be back :D
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

swaq
Space Dragon

#224 Post by swaq »

Turn 105. In a mass panic every planet in the swaq empire simultaneously built an evacuation system. Because no planets were accepting refugees the systems all linked together and phased the populations into another galaxy plane entirely! I am sure they will be happier in their new non-violent galaxy.

Magnate
Space Dragon

Re: Fifth game Rigel Combat

#225 Post by Magnate »

JonCST wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:41 pm I can't find a way to copy the combat log. Due to the number of comsats, fighters, and troopships involved, it would take 6 screenshots to post it here as images.

The basic summary is:

Most of the troop ships, comsats, and fighters died, leaving them with more big ships left than i had. But, the planets survived the first round with some shields and full weapons, so that made a difference next turn. And, of course, there are level 2 mines.

Second turn, they had 6 of those invisible ships, which all got free hits in the first round. We cleaned out the remaining troops, coms, and fighters. Two of the planet's shields are gone and weapons reduced, and all of my original big ships are dead, leaving 5 or 6 invisibles in orbit. Mines are still effective, and two robocruisers have arrived as reinforcements.

Next turn should see the demise of one or two more of the invisibles, the death of my two robos, and arrival on 1 new robo, plus whatever the mines do as an afterthought.

I must say that bringing death rays to a laser fight is just unfair.

J.
I wish you could see allied combat logs. All I could see was that first there were like 20+ ships on either side, then you had two (plus reinforcements coming) and TSO had three severely wounded (and now retreating). That sounds like an even better fight than me and swaq.