Please everybody also test the pedia and shown info

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Please everybody also test the pedia and shown info

#1 Post by Ophiuchus »

Hi,

we are trying to make a 0.4.9 release soon.

Now is a good time to look at the text in the game and the explanations in the encyclopedia and tell us what is wrong/missing/confusing.

E.g. somebody mentioned that the targeting for flak weapon are not described correctly.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

swaq
Space Dragon

Re: Please everybody also test the pedia and shown info

#2 Post by swaq »

I found the description of fighter resupply in Fighters and Launch Bays to be slightly confusing. Specifically I wasn't sure if they would be resupplied if the ship was locked in battle but still within supply. I guess the absence of words about that implies that resupply of fighters will still work but I was nervous about leaving carriers in battle that had all their fighters destroyed in the previous round of battle. Also, the Supply page does not mention fighters at all.

Another item that doesn't seem to be documented thoroughly is colonization being prevented by enemy ships. It is not mentioned on the Colonization page, though it is on the War page. But the War page is talking about the diplomatic state with an enemy empire and colonization is also prevented by monster ships, which is not explicitly stated.