First game of the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

The Silent One
Graphics

Re: First game of the multiplayer slow game server

#16 Post by The Silent One »

Hello o01eg scout, nice to meet you. Bit chilly here, is it? 8)
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

o01eg
Programmer

#17 Post by o01eg »

The Silent One wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:05 am Hello o01eg scout, nice to meet you. Bit chilly here, is it? 8)
Hi!Looks like we don't have a much choise about "building up friendship" :mrgreen: :
Oberlus wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:09 pm
The Silent One wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:30 amIf you want to attack, I'm blue, otherwise I'm yellow :D
You should know: all the love you'll get for a long while will come from o01eg. I'll have to build up my friendship with Magnate before joining you.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

The Silent One
Graphics

#18 Post by The Silent One »

o01eg wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:46 pm Hi!Looks like we don't have a much choise about "building up friendship" :mrgreen:
What? Does that mean you quit our secret alliance? :evil: :roll:

Edit: Seriously, there should be some way to see who's allied with whom, maybe something like in the mockup below.
Attachments
player_list_wnd.jpg
player_list_wnd.jpg (76.49 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

o01eg
Programmer

#19 Post by o01eg »

The Silent One wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:31 pm
o01eg wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:46 pm Hi!Looks like we don't have a much choise about "building up friendship" :mrgreen:
What? Does that mean you quit our secret alliance? :evil: :roll:

Edit: Seriously, there should be some way to see who's allied with whom, maybe something like in the mockup below.
At least you could check if someone want an alliance with you by checking right click menu in empire window.

I'll try to improve existing diplomacy support before branching next release but I'm not sure how much I will do.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#20 Post by Oberlus »

I think I already know our four species. One of o01leg's scouts found one of mine, I saw one of The Silent One's planets (and judging by its environment I know the species), and I have 4 Magnate's ships (with a total of 30 damage) comming right into one of my systems (I only have 4 ships and 2 planets there with a total of 20 or 22 damage and similar amount of hit points, so we both gonna suffer, but I'll get the worst part unless I'm lucky enough to kill one of the ships in the first round, maybe 1 in 100).

@o01leg, there are no good or adequate planets for you on my sector. Fuck off, please.
@The Silent One, I wonder if you can reach Magnate's sector going through the part of the galaxy I haven't seen. If you can, I invite you to do it! His homeworld must be undefended.
@Magnate, maybe we could be friends :lol:. I'm not interested on your good or adequate planets, and you're not on mine. Plus our species are not interbreedable. Deal? :D

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#21 Post by Oberlus »

The Silent One wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:37 am
Oberlus wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:38 amMeanwhile, I'm able to connect and play using Windows (8.1, but I think that doesn't matter) and the installation from FreeOrion_2019-05-23.a3a0980_Test_Win32_Setup.exe
Which I'm not unfortunately :(
I think you're not missing any action. Rude o01eg has destroyed one of my stranded scouts (so I assume he is not joining you in any party). Magnate's onslaught was bad for we both, so he retired back to his lair and we both are presumably reinforcing.

The Silent One
Graphics

#22 Post by The Silent One »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 amI think you're not missing any action. Rude o01eg has destroyed one of my stranded scouts (so I assume he is not joining you in any party). Magnate's onslaught was bad for we both, so he retired back to his lair and we both are presumably reinforcing.
Having a dejà vue? You may be in the matrix. Check with the guy with the blue and red pills (or with o01eg) :P

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#23 Post by Oberlus »

The Silent One wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:16 amHaving a dejà vue? You may be in the matrix. Check with the guy with the blue and red pills (or with o01eg) :P
:lol: Yes, I got to see the debris of my lost ships again. Wondering if Magnate has retreated again.

The Silent One
Graphics

#24 Post by The Silent One »

@Oberlus: Say, how come you've got the same species as I? Are you my evil twin? Or were our people seeded by some ancient super-precursor which dropped the same DNA twice? Anyway, don't think there will be peace among us. My paranoia tells me you're the bad type of Gyisache :mrgreen:

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#25 Post by Oberlus »

The Silent One wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:34 pm @Oberlus: Say, how come you've got the same species as I? Are you my evil twin? Or were our people seeded by some ancient super-precursor which dropped the same DNA twice? Anyway, don't think there will be peace among us. My paranoia tells me you're the bad type of Gyisache :mrgreen:
I was hopping you'd be Laenfa (or any other slippery wet creatures).
And certainly not! I am the good kind of Gyisache, the one that lives in peace after cleansing the galaxy of any menace. Now you're on my list!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#26 Post by Oberlus »

Last game wasn't finished (expected, it was a nice bug hunting jam). New one is already on turn 20.
The Silent One wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:08 pm Update to the latest weekly build for diplomatic status information, meatbags :mrgreen:
I did at last, and founf out you and o01eg are ALLIED, you biatchs.

Magnate, what should we do, I and your herd of cowards?
Whatever we do, that outpost of yours in my dominions is mine now, you hear me?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#27 Post by Oberlus »

The image says it all.
Bullies.png
Bullies.png (426.45 KiB) Viewed 4309 times
For profanes: they two are allied! 2vs1!

The Silent One
Graphics

#28 Post by The Silent One »

Our empires are intertwined... quitting the alliance when Magnate conceded would have resulted in a terrible, terrible bloodshed and, even worse, your victory. Which is what we are trying to avoid :mrgreen:

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#29 Post by Oberlus »

OhCrap.png
OhCrap.png (4.63 KiB) Viewed 4257 times
:shock:

It's turn 40. Magnate is my hero?

The Silent One
Graphics

#30 Post by The Silent One »

And now he's coming for me. Magnate approaching - open fire! All weapons!