Ancient Ruins without Sentinels

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Ancient Ruins without Sentinels

#1 Post by LienRag »

I played on 0.4.7.1 (default in Linux Mint) with maximum numbers of stars and AI opponents, maximum specials and natives, medium for the other options.
I had at lest three planets with Ancient Ruins which were not guarded - it actually makes for a fun game at start because getting a free Dragon Tooth early makes the game very interesting as one has to manage carefully a very powerful but quite fragile ship, which cannot be replicated.
Later alas all enemies get Misiorias with Death Rays and Multi-Shields and it gets monotonous...

I get that having Ancient Ruins free to access is not intended?

AndrewW
Juggernaut

Re: Ancient Ruins without Sentinels

#2 Post by AndrewW »

It's intended. There is a chance that any given Ancient Ruins wont have any sentinel.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by LienRag »

Oh?
All right then.

On the first game I ever played I got a neighbour with Death Rays before I could even get Plasma Cannon, I guess that's how he got it... didn't make for a funny game actually!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:27 pmOn the first game I ever played I got a neighbour with Death Rays before I could even get Plasma Cannon, I guess that's how he got it... didn't make for a funny game actually!
When you are more used to the game and the AI weaknesses, you enjoy such challenges. Anyway, the chance for them to be unguarded is very small (although maybe it can happen more often in certain galaxy configurations with high monsters and few systems per player).

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#5 Post by defaultuser »

LienRag wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:27 pm On the first game I ever played I got a neighbour with Death Rays before I could even get Plasma Cannon, I guess that's how he got it... didn't make for a funny game actually!
You should see the notifications in the Sit Rep. If you see someone get Death Rays and/or squid pilots, be aware that it could be one close to you. I actually think Multispectral Shield is more dangerous early on.