Multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderators: Oberlus, Oberlus

Post Reply
Message
Author
o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Multiplayer slow game server

#1 Post by o01eg » Sun May 12, 2019 6:28 pm

As all required PRs were merged I'm launching test slow paced game (1 turn is 23h).

If you want to participate send me PM with your player name and XMPP or Email address to send One-time passwords and turn notifications from xmpp:[email protected] (accept this bot subscription request).

Turn timeout set to 23h so turn advance will happen one hour early each day, or earlier if all players make their orders.

Always look for required version to play. Updating version could cause desync in saved games so games will be restarted as rare as possible and I have to freeze some weekly test builds.

Game will be restarted if some important feature and bug-fix will be published, new awaiting players will count more than 50% of present players in game, 50%+1 will vote to change game options or rules, someone wins the game, stable release will be published.

Server settings:
  • Default galaxy setup options.
  • 18 systems per player.
  • No AI.
  • Only Player client type allowed.
  • Only registered players allowed.
  • Network messages restricted by size 10 MiB.
  • Random species at start.
  • Cookies are alive 36 hours so they don't expire if player logins to the game daily.
  • Chat saves messages between restarts.
  • Empire statistics disabled.
  • Chat history shows 400 latest messages.
  • The server disallows to take over eliminated empire.
  • Starting fleet is 3 scouts, 2 Mark I, colony ship, and outpost ship.
  • Player names are case insensitive.
Game rules:
  • Super Tester disabled.
  • Latest alive human player wins game.
  • Any player is allowed to concede.
  • Alliance of 2 players could declare victory.
  • Part-based ship upkeep enabled.
  • Tech cost factor decreased and set to 1.2.
  • Building, ship part and ship hull cost factors decreased and set to 0.6.
  • The server doesn't disclosure information about other empire's research and production. Player could only see other empires research if he researched it as well.
  • For team game only: Any diplomacy disabled to preserve teams.
Source code for server: https://github.com/o01eg/freeorion/tree ... urn-v0.4.9

Server address: freeorion-lt.dedyn.io or 51.81.236.151 or 2604:2dc0:200:437:e54a:9c5f:1b9c:1.
Server version: 2019-12-08.203bc4c (Use only this version of weekly test build to play)
Last edited by o01eg on Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:00 am, edited 34 times in total.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.71.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 2019-12-08.203bc4c.
Donates are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

User avatar
The Silent One
Graphics
Posts: 1018
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:27 pm

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#2 Post by The Silent One » Mon May 13, 2019 7:08 am

How do I find my XMPP address?
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1675
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#3 Post by Oberlus » Mon May 13, 2019 7:29 am

The Silent One wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:08 am
How do I find my XMPP address?
I'm on the same page.
I think, if we have this doubt, it means we must create an account at an XMPP provider. Any recomendation?

User avatar
Voker57
Space Squid
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#4 Post by Voker57 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:27 am

Oberlus wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:29 am
The Silent One wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:08 am
How do I find my XMPP address?
I'm on the same page.
I think, if we have this doubt, it means we must create an account at an XMPP provider. Any recomendation?
bitcheese.net (the same as the bot uses) is a good one

full disclosure: i run it
Team S.M.A.C.: play multiplayer with us!

o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#5 Post by o01eg » Mon May 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Oberlus wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:29 am
The Silent One wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:08 am
How do I find my XMPP address?
I'm on the same page.
I think, if we have this doubt, it means we must create an account at an XMPP provider. Any recomendation?
Usage of e-mail is more strict than XMPP, but I managed to setup e-mail support. So you could PM me with it to register as well.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.71.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 2019-12-08.203bc4c.
Donates are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#6 Post by o01eg » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm

First game was started! :mrgreen:

Version: 2019-05-13.bbb72e1. First TC will happen 2019-05-16 00:00:00 UTC.

4 Players:
Magnate
o01eg
Oberlus
TheSilentOne
Reminder! Player name is case sensitive!
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.71.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 2019-12-08.203bc4c.
Donates are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

Ophiuchus
Programmer
Posts: 1042
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am
Location: Wall IV

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#7 Post by Ophiuchus » Tue May 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Congrats! Please keep us posted (species choices etc) :)
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Furthermore, I propse... we should default to four combat rounds instead of three ...for the good of playerkind.

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1675
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#8 Post by Oberlus » Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 pm

o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm
First game was started!
Erhm... I think I've crashed the server.

I set the IP and player name (Oberlus), a window poped up to ask me the password. I guess it needs a new password (first time connecting), I write something with "ñ", the windows seems to stall for 3 secs (I try to write but no more "*" appears), then FO crashes to desktop. I open it again and try to connect but Time out. Then I try to connect again (as I was writing this), and it works but anything I write as password is wrong, so I can't connect? :oops:

Edit: I think I did it again, trying to write the same I might have written in the first try, when window seemed freezed but maybe wasn't. Any chance this has something to do with local settings of keyboard?

o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#9 Post by o01eg » Tue May 14, 2019 8:44 pm

Oberlus wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 pm
o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm
First game was started!
Erhm... I think I've crashed the server.

I set the IP and player name (Oberlus), a window poped up to ask me the password. I guess it needs a new password (first time connecting), I write something with "ñ", the windows seems to stall for 3 secs (I try to write but no more "*" appears), then FO crashes to desktop. I open it again and try to connect but Time out. Then I try to connect again (as I was writing this), and it works but anything I write as password is wrong, so I can't connect? :oops:

Edit: I think I did it again, trying to write the same I might have written in the first try, when window seemed freezed but maybe wasn't. Any chance this has something to do with local settings of keyboard?
Yep, I got a crashdump for server.

You should got OTP via mail. There were some settings issues which should be fixed now. Could you try to login again?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.71.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 2019-12-08.203bc4c.
Donates are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1675
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#10 Post by Oberlus » Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 pm

o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:44 pm
You should got OTP via mail. There were some settings issues which should be fixed now. Could you try to login again?
Checked my email right now, there is nothing.

o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#11 Post by o01eg » Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm

Oberlus wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 pm
o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:44 pm
You should got OTP via mail. There were some settings issues which should be fixed now. Could you try to login again?
Checked my email right now, there is nothing.
It wasn't sent before due issues. You need to login again to get mail.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.71.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 2019-12-08.203bc4c.
Donates are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1675
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#12 Post by Oberlus » Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 pm

o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm
It wasn't sent before due issues. You need to login again to get mail.
Ok, I must be doing something wrong. I just connected, got "ERROR: Password wrong for player name Oberlus". Nothing in my email.
Edit: tried twice, writing something and leaving password blank.

o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#13 Post by o01eg » Tue May 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Oberlus wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 pm
o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm
It wasn't sent before due issues. You need to login again to get mail.
Ok, I must be doing something wrong. I just connected, got "ERROR: Password wrong for player name Oberlus". Nothing in my email.
Edit: tried twice, writing something and leaving password blank.
Found other error in the mail settings. Even added myself to check them. Now you should got "FreeOrion OTP" mail.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.71.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 2019-12-08.203bc4c.
Donates are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

o01eg
Programmer
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#14 Post by o01eg » Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 pm

o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:17 pm
Oberlus wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 pm
o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm
It wasn't sent before due issues. You need to login again to get mail.
Ok, I must be doing something wrong. I just connected, got "ERROR: Password wrong for player name Oberlus". Nothing in my email.
Edit: tried twice, writing something and leaving password blank.
Found other error in the mail settings. Even added myself to check them. Now you should got "FreeOrion OTP" mail.
This time I didn't catch errors about mail sending. Could you check spam folder or something?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.71.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io. Version 2019-12-08.203bc4c.
Donates are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 1675
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer slow game server

#15 Post by Oberlus » Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 pm

o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:17 pm
Oberlus wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 pm
o01eg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm
It wasn't sent before due issues. You need to login again to get mail.
Ok, I must be doing something wrong. I just connected, got "ERROR: Password wrong for player name Oberlus". Nothing in my email.
Edit: tried twice, writing something and leaving password blank.
Found other error in the mail settings. Even added myself to check them. Now you should got "FreeOrion OTP" mail.
Still not working for me. Same as before.

Post Reply