controls, force all saved ships available

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

godel
Space Dragon

controls, force all saved ships available

#1 Post by godel »

Sometimes when I click on the saved ships tab all those ships become available, subject to tech limits.
So as the tech increases, the ships that I saved become available to me.
Sometimes not. Which means that I have to go down the entire list and bring them in.
Any way to ensure that they are available, that I do not have to do that chore?

defaultuser
Juggernaut

Re: controls, force all saved ships available

#2 Post by defaultuser »

Isn't there and add all option? I don't personally like that because it puts them in the list in alpha order and I want them ordered differently.

godel
Space Dragon

#3 Post by godel »

confirmed: drop and drag works. It does not stay that way from game to game, but it works. Thanks!
(and put a note in the how to work the controls section of the general manual for me)
As far as I can tell, I can not find a 'add all' button, tab or any such on the ship screen saved tab.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

defaultuser wrote:Isn't there and add all option? I don't personally like that because it puts them in the list in alpha order and I want them ordered differently.
I think it has been a while since you checked that feature out. You can now reorder them just fine (subject to a few rare exceptions in my experience), and that the reordering is saved, i.e. certainly from game to game, and even if you recompile.
godel wrote:confirmed: drop and drag works. It does not stay that way from game to game, but it works.
Was it your own saved designs that did not stay in the right order from game to game, or the premade ones? I have had practically no trouble at all with the reordering, and I suspect that the very small bit of trouble I have encountered from reordering is from when I start deleting things from my list and then later reorder some things, because in that later reordering it can be unclear how they are meant to be relative to the things that were already deleted. To clear that up I played a couple games through without deleting any designs, and that seems to have take care of everything (except one or two designs that basically look like out-of-order-duplicates to me and I haven't yet figured out what's the deal with them).
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

godel
Space Dragon

#5 Post by godel »

I just reordered the finished ship list, exited, restarted, and examined that list.
It is back to where it was before reordering. No save noted. That was true of both the ships I created and the ships that come with the game.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

What version are you playing? Reordering is a new feature not yet into a full Release
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

godel
Space Dragon

#7 Post by godel »

4.7.1 2017-09-03.120ffd9

alleryn
Space Dragon

#8 Post by alleryn »

My list also does not seem to ever maintain its order between games. I'm playing with the pre-designed ships turned off, if that matters. ('Add All Saved Ship Designs at Game Start' is on, 'Add All Default Ship Designs at Game Start' is off).

Nov. 20 test build (e6848d8).
Last edited by alleryn on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#9 Post by defaultuser »

Dilvish wrote:
defaultuser wrote:Isn't there and add all option? I don't personally like that because it puts them in the list in alpha order and I want them ordered differently.
I think it has been a while since you checked that feature out. You can now reorder them just fine (subject to a few rare exceptions in my experience), and that the reordering is saved, i.e. certainly from game to game, and even if you recompile.
I have confirmed that I can reorder. I have not tried restarting yet so I can't say whether it's saved. Remember that I'm on an older version (2017-05-02) because of the "flicker" problem.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#10 Post by MatGB »

If you can reorder it's saved, the features were developed together.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

alleryn
Space Dragon

#11 Post by alleryn »

alleryn wrote:My list also does not seem to ever maintain its order between games. I'm playing with the pre-designed ships turned off, if that matters. ('Add All Saved Ship Designs at Game Start' is on, 'Add All Default Ship Designs at Game Start' is off).

Nov. 20 test build (e6848d8).
Cancel that. I was rearranging the list in the Finished Designs. When i rearrange the ship list in Saved Designs it works properly, maintaining the order after a new game is started.

godel
Space Dragon

#12 Post by godel »

Thanks for the tip of rearranging the saved designs.
I am now wondering if any of you realized that my little 'pound on the saved tab' practice was there for at least a few interations?
And is now there now?
Because it seems you are incorporating a feature that is partially there already.
Well even if you do or do not so realize, thanks for this discussion.