Lost PP's

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

EricF
Space Dragon

Lost PP's

#1 Post by EricF »

I have a minor complaint. I queued a batch of five ships to build. In the meantime I acquired new technology. I redesigned the ships with new armor and upgraded engine. I queue a new batch of five of these vessels. When I delete the original batch ZERO of the PP's from the original batch are applied to the new batch even though it was almost done. Maybe if it was a different hull, but these new ships are like 80% the same as the other ships. Seems odd that all those PP's get wasted.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Lost PP's

#2 Post by MatGB »

Why?

Part of the balance is that new techs take time to transfer into the field, and the game is meant to keep things simple whenever possible. Don't delete 3/4 built stuff, just accept that you'll have some slightly not top of the range stuff in the field for awhile, same as, well, most wartime navies do.

(now, some way to refit ships is a different issue, I'd love to see it but no one has come up with a usable yet simple proposal)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.