Change name to stars.

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

danieledel
Space Floater

Change name to stars.

#1 Post by danieledel »

I suggest that, only if you are playing alone against the computer, you can change the stars names. Good evening.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Change name to stars.

#2 Post by Dilvish »

Doing a forum search for "rename" and then telling it to search within those results for "system" brought me to a forum thread, in which, after some discussion of how to put in the feature request, there is an announcement that the feature has been implemented (not quite exactly the way you describe, but close enough I expect). Looks like this is part of 0.4.7.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

danieledel wrote:I suggest that, only if you are playing alone against the computer, you can change the stars names. Good evening.
You can rename stars if you've got at least one planet there and noone else has.

Alternatively in default/stringtables you can change the list of starnames in whichever language file you use.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

MatGB wrote:Alternatively in default/stringtables you can change the list of starnames in whichever language file you use.
Note that this will change the names of newly generated stars (such as when generating a new galaxy) but not the names of any stars in an already-generated galaxy.