0.4.6+ Ancient Ruins issue

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Dragget
Space Floater

0.4.6+ Ancient Ruins issue

#1 Post by Dragget »

Version ID: 0.4.6+ [2017-03-27.8f1b013]
(Attached .SAV file for reference)

When settling a planet with Ancient Ruins, the SitRep announces discoveries on the next turn, but I am not awarded with the technologies... Didn't have the tech researched, so it shouldn't have announced a discovery in the SitRep, right? :confused:
Attachments
Save.zip
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 78 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: 0.4.6+ Ancient Ruins issue

#2 Post by Dilvish »

I checked your save file -- the sitrep was for another empire's Ancient Ruins discovery. When it is your own it is worded more specifically, naming the actual planet (and I think not referring to rumors). It was just a fluke coincidence that this happened the same turn you settled a planet with Ancient Ruins.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

Dragget
Space Floater

Re: 0.4.6+ Ancient Ruins issue

#3 Post by Dragget »

D'oh. Sorry... happened on the same turn as I colonized. Should have occurred to me that it was someone else coincidentally colonizing at the same time.