quick start black screen

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

es1
Space Krill

quick start black screen

#1 Post by es1 »

Just compiled fresh 0.4.6 on
Linux desktop 4.4.0-57-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 9 23:46:51 UTC 2016 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux
Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 32-bit

Pressed quick start and a black screen...
Same situation with 0.4.5 from distro.

Terminals output:
/opt/freeorion $ freeorion
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error> >'
what(): bind: Address already in use

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: quick start black screen

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Since you're compiling from source, can you check if the same issue occurs with the latest master from github?

What version of Boost are you building with?

Can you attach freeorion.log, if it exists, from after attempting to start freeorion? The logs should be in ~/.local/share/freeorion

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#3 Post by Vezzra »

es1 wrote:what(): bind: Address already in use
That suspiciously looks like the issue occuring when FO tries to open ports for network communication (which is required as FO is a client/server app). And as you've got the same problem with 0.4.5, which I know to work on Linux in general (I mean, versions in the repos shouldn't have such issues, that should be caugth be the maintainers), my first guess would be that maybe there is some other (background) program/deamon running that uses the same TCP/IP ports as FO...?

es1
Space Krill

#4 Post by es1 »

Yes it was network issue.
Dont know was happended but it playable now and no port logs left over.