Defeated player still has three planets?

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
chaz572
Space Krill

Defeated player still has three planets?

#1 Post by chaz572 »

End of the game. I just won by research. But I'm scratching my head because I notice that the red AI, Integration, who I think has two planets left (as I can only find two on the starmap), is shown as having five in the Empires window. So I play one more turn, and take one of the two I see. Now the Empires window shows Integration with four. So I play one more turn and take what I'm pretty darn sure is Integration's last planet. And indeed, in the SitRep, I get the message that "Integration has been defeated". Yet the Empires window still shows Integration with three planets. ???????????? :?
Attachments
SitRep: Integration is defeated.  Empires window: Integration has three planets.
SitRep: Integration is defeated. Empires window: Integration has three planets.
Screenshot_2016-12-01_00-15-36.jpg (446.67 KiB) Viewed 709 times

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Defeated player still has three planets?

#2 Post by MatGB »

What does the Objects window show if you filter by owner empire?

I rarely even look at the Empires pane except for detection strength so I've never noticed how accurate it was one way or the other, does seem a bit weird.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

chaz572
Space Krill

#3 Post by chaz572 »

Objects window shows no planets owned by Integration. Only three owners in the whole list: Plurality, New Rome, and <blank>.

It always seemed to me that the Empires window wasn't meant as an absolute count on all of those statistics, but only a count of those that I can validly detect based on my proximity to the other empires. So I wasn't expecting it to be correct in an absolute game-omniscient sense (I use the graphs for that, which are really handy for getting a sense of how I'm doing in the early game). But clearly, if that's what the Empires window is meant to show, then the values should always be less than or equal to the absolute correct numbers. A greater value, like we have here, would certainly be an error.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

That looks like a bug... @chaz572, can you open an issue on github?