Monster: Gas Giant Kelp

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Revlot
Space Floater

Monster: Gas Giant Kelp

#1 Post by Revlot »

Vast forests of kelp that float in the atmosphere of gas giants and interfere with power generation. Kelp must be either kept and harvested for food, or cleaned out for power generation to be efficient. Spores float in system and are transferred to other systems on the hulls of ships. something a player may want to cultivate - or eradicate.
I understand that this is a work in progress and that my comments here are just comments and NOT requests for immediate code fixes.
Thank you for the work done so far - please continue with whatever part of the game you are currently working on.

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: Monster: Gas Giant Kelp

#2 Post by labgnome »

From what I understand you really only have two resources, research and industry, so maybe it reduces research but can be used for research?

Also, would this affect the Kraken nest special?
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Monster: Gas Giant Kelp

#3 Post by MatGB »

Food was removed as a resource quite awhile ago now, I missed it for the first week and now think it was a genius decision (before I was involved but I was playing). But, having it as a special of some kind, you could have it improve research or have it function a bit like a Growth special. Could be interesting.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.