Adamant Forum Spam

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

adrian_broher
Programmer

Adamant Forum Spam

#1 Post by adrian_broher »

Edit by Geoff: deleted original post that had no useful content to which this was reply, and moved thread... /Edit

Seriously, someone please ban this guy. He is just adding noise to the forum and my email inbox for weeks.
Resident code gremlin
Attached patches are released under GPL 2.0 or later.
Git author: Marcel Metz

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Briefer Semantic joins UnderStatement

#2 Post by MatGB »

adrian_broher wrote:Seriously, someone please ban this guy. He is just adding noise to the forum and my email inbox for weeks.
I have completely given up on constructive discussion and indeed reading the posts, and would rather not miss stuff from other people that's actually important. Not sure I'd go for a ban, but a strong behaviour warning is, to me, very warranted now.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Adamant Forum Spam

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I think if you "Add Foe" in a user's profile, it should hide their posts from you.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#4 Post by MatGB »

Geoff the Medio wrote:I think if you "Add Foe" in a user's profile, it should hide their posts from you.
I was trying to avoid that, but I've now done so, and it still shows all other threads, newish feature for phpBB, never tried it before. (by newish, I mean it's less than ten years old, natch).
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#5 Post by Geoff the Medio »

It still shows anyone else's posts, and you can unhide a single post by the offensive user if you suspect it might contain something worth reading.

I don't know if this affects emails, as I don't use that feature.