Growth focus on homeworlds??

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

pheonixstorm
Space Squid

Growth focus on homeworlds??

#1 Post by pheonixstorm »

I have tried to look this up on what it is there for. What does the growth focus do on homeworlds for the rest of the species colonies??

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Growth focus on homeworlds??

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There's a macro in species.txt:

Code: Select all

HOMEWORLD_GROWTH_FOCUS_BOOST
'''     EffectsGroup 
            scope = And [
                Planet
                OwnedBy TheEmpire Source.Owner
                ResourceSupplyConnected empire = Source.Owner condition = Source
                Number low = 1 condition = And [
                    Source
                    Planet
                    Homeworld name = RootCandidate.Species
                ]
                TargetPopulation low = 0 high = 9999
            ]
            activation = And [
                Planet
                Focus "FOCUS_GROWTH"
            ]
            stackinggroup = "HOMEWORLD_STACK"
            accountinglabel = "HOMEWORLD_SUPPLY"
            effects = SetTargetPopulation Value + 1 * Target.SizeAsDouble
'''
The meat of that is the "SetTargetPopulation Value + 1 * Target.SizeAsDouble" which increases the target population of planets, subject to the conditions in the scope.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

And as far as I can see, really benefits colonies of that species in the empire (so worth it for a tiny homeworld that can colonise) but also overrides the homeworld bonus for other native homeworlds of the same type, and isn't as good as that. I rarely use it but can see uses on occasions.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#4 Post by Dilvish »

MatGB wrote:... but also overrides the homeworld bonus for other native homeworlds of the same type, and isn't as good as that.
the main homeworld bonus should be getting processed before the homeworld-growth-focus-supply bonus, and so should not be getting overridden by the latter (the stacking group should simply be stopping the latter from applying in that case). Did you think you had actually seen the main bonus getting overridden in a game?
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

I did, when last I tried it, I'll load up a game and do it again to see, I've developed a tendency of late to colonise Mu Ursh into lots of places for some reason ;-)

It was awhileago tho, so it may've been a display glitch.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#6 Post by MatGB »

Confirmed it in my previous savegame where I knew there were multiple Mu ursh homeworlds.

Mier loses pop (and I ended turn to make sure it wasn't a display glitch, population was lost) if Wen Chiang (a tiny world) is set to growth, but Wen Chiang doesn't lose pop if Mier is set to growth (Mier is medium and tectonically unstable).

So it doesn't happen in all cases. In case it matters, Wen Chiang had been my first in game conquest, Mier a much later one.
Mat Bowles

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#7 Post by Dilvish »

MattG, could you please test this little patch and see if it clears up the problem...
Attachments

[The extension patch has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#8 Post by MatGB »

That appears to work, at least on the testgame I used for the above, I'll keep it applied and look out for other instances, I'm playing on high natives ATM so it should be workable.
Mat Bowles