Pyhton module initializations

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Pyhton module initializations

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

TortoiseSVN refuses to apply your patch. It's small enough that I can do it by hand with hopefully no errors, but could you make sure you're using an SVN diff when making any future patches?

cazfi
Space Floater

#17 Post by cazfi »

Geoff the Medio wrote:TortoiseSVN refuses to apply your patch. It's small enough that I can do it by hand with hopefully no errors, but could you make sure you're using an SVN diff when making any future patches?
Weird. It is made with svn diff. Maybe problem with it being relative to wrong directory? Or Unix/Windows line endings issue?

Geoff the Medio

#18 Post by Geoff the Medio »

cazfi wrote:Weird. It is made with svn diff. Maybe problem with it being relative to wrong directory? Or Unix/Windows line endings issue?
It automatically tries to find the right directory, but whether I do it manually, let it try automatically, or edit the file to remove the leading FreeOrion because it doesn't consider the directory that contains the FreeOrion directory to be a valid repository, it just pops up with an empty list of files to modify. The line-endings might be the problem; they have inconsistently been an issue... Though in this case it don't even list the file as having rejected chunks, which I would expect in that case; it just shows no files being modified when attempting to apply the patch.

cazfi
Space Floater

#19 Post by cazfi »

> svn proplist client/AI/CMakeLists.txt
returns no properties - so there's no eol-style set at all for it - I expected "native". It seems to be in unix format.

Geoff the Medio

#20 Post by Geoff the Medio »

My version (on Windows 7) also has Unix line endings.

cazfi
Space Floater

#21 Post by cazfi »

Geoff the Medio wrote:My version (on Windows 7) also has Unix line endings.
Yes, since eol-style property is not set, all clients receive literally what's in server so it's same for everyone regardless what system they run.