Linking problem on linux

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

romain_le_clampin
Space Krill

Linking problem on linux

#1 Post by romain_le_clampin »

Hello,

I am having trouble compiling FreeOrion on Ubuntu 12, using Boost 1.50.0.
I managed to compile Gigi but I had to comment the lines concerning AdamParser, EveParser, ExpressionParser and Lexer in the Cmakelists.txt file. I hope they are not needed.

But now I get the following message when compiling FreeOrion :

Code: Select all

Linking CXX executable ../freeoriond
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerFSM.cpp.o: In function `(anonymous namespace)::LoadEmpireNames(std::list<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&) [clone .constprop.1716]':
ServerFSM.cpp:(.text+0x5e4): undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::operator/=(boost::filesystem::path const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerFSM.cpp.o: In function `MPLobby::react(LobbyUpdate const&)':
ServerFSM.cpp:(.text+0x8b9a): undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::operator/=(boost::filesystem::path const&)'
CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/ServerFSM.cpp.o: In function `MPLobby::react(StartMPGame const&)':

(....)

/usr/local/lib/libGiGi.so: undefined reference to `adobe::sheet_t::sheet_t()'
collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
make[2]: *** [freeoriond] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/freeoriond.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Linking problem on linux

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

romain_le_clampin wrote:...I had to comment the lines concerning AdamParser, EveParser, ExpressionParser and Lexer in the Cmakelists.txt file. I hope they are not needed.
I don't think any of those are needed for FreeOrion.

ServerFSM.cpp:(.text+0x5e4): undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::operator/=(boost::filesystem::path const&)'
ServerFSM.cpp:(.text+0x8b9a): undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::operator/=(boost::filesystem::path const&)'
Looks like you're not linking against the boost library shared object...

/usr/local/lib/libGiGi.so: undefined reference to `adobe::sheet_t::sheet_t()'
My guess there is that you've included something in GiGi that uses the Adam / Eve parsers stuff, but not the associated .cpp file that implements it when building GiGi...