Problem with 4720

Problems and solutions for installing or running FreeOrion, including discussion of bugs if needed before posting a bug report on GitHub. For problems building from source, post in Compile.

Moderator: Oberlus

Darkspire
Space Floater

Problem with 4720

#1 Post by Darkspire »

WinXP 32bit

Seem to have a problem with 4720.

Game is at turn 21. If you end the turn and carry on either turn 22 or 23 it will say that FO has a problem and needs to shut down and there is a problem with

boost_signals-vc100-mt-1_47.dll

Ive put the save on Mediafire, let me know when youve got it (free account)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pns3oppbkwpyh6h

Darkspire

EDIT: Ive updated Python to 2.7.2 was running 2.6 started a new game and everything seems ok,im on turn 35 now apart from some of the planets don't revolve, the home planet in the save above is volcanic and ive stared at for a few mins and it just doesnt move (in both Python 2.6 and 2.7) there also seem to some gas giants doing the same lack of rotation.

Just to clarify, what version of Python are you, the developers, using? There seem to be 2 builds, 2.7.2 and 3.2.2

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Problem with 4720

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

FreeOrion currently uses Python 2.7.2, at least in the Windows builds, and that is the version that comes with it.

Darkspire
Space Floater

#3 Post by Darkspire »

Not sure where I got the 2.6 from, It was a clean install off the link on the Wiki page. I have nothing else that uses Python, Only when I read the posts on here did I realise it might my version Of Python that might be wonky.

Any word on the rotation of the planets / Gas giants? I was reading about the new possible textures on the RSS link and thought it might be relevant?

Darkspire

Geoff the Medio

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Planets are rotating for me, though possibly slower than before. Put your mouse on a texture feature and wait 15 seconds to make sure.

Darkspire
Space Floater

#5 Post by Darkspire »

Ive done what you said and I still have two (that ive found, might be more, hope not) that are not rotating, the save file is attached.

1. Mebsuta system (below Penrose) Mebsuta III - Large Inferno
2. Gamab system (on screen right of Mebsuta) Gamab IV - Gas Giant
Gamab III in the same system is a Gas Giant as well and that is rotating ok

http://www.mediafire.com/?ad7odukrv6ce4uc

Geoff the Medio

#6 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I can't look at your save due to fiddling with loading code to try to fix save / load problems, but there are some specials that change planet rotation speed in the GUI...

Darkspire
Space Floater

#7 Post by Darkspire »

Geoff the Medio wrote:I can't look at your save due to fiddling with loading code to try to fix save / load problems, but there are some specials that change planet rotation speed in the GUI...
Your right, I was so busy looking at the planet I didnt look at the special, all the planets with the lack of rotation have specials that include why.

Thanks

Darkspire