Linux Compile Error in ShipDesign.h v0.4 SVN 4647

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

metallurge
Space Floater

Linux Compile Error in ShipDesign.h v0.4 SVN 4647

#1 Post by metallurge »

freeorion SVN 4647 (and other SVNs in the last few days)
GiGi SVN 1074
amd x86_64
gcc 4.6.1
libboost 1.47.0 (compiled from source)
ogre 1.7.3 (compiled from source)
bullet 2.79 (compiled from source)

Code: Select all

eric-CQ50-LM12 FreeOrion # make clean
eric-CQ50-LM12 FreeOrion # make
[  0%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/core_static.dir/combat/CombatOrder.cpp.o
[  1%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/core_static.dir/combat/OpenSteer/AsteroidBeltObstacle.cpp.o
[  1%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/core_static.dir/combat/OpenSteer/CombatFighter.cpp.o
In file included from /home/eric/Downloads/freeorion.dev/FreeOrion/combat/OpenSteer/CombatFighter.h:8:0,
                 from /home/eric/Downloads/freeorion.dev/FreeOrion/combat/OpenSteer/CombatFighter.cpp:1:
/home/eric/Downloads/freeorion.dev/FreeOrion/combat/OpenSteer/../../universe/ShipDesign.h: In member function ‘void PartType::serialize(Archive&, unsigned int)’:
/home/eric/Downloads/freeorion.dev/FreeOrion/combat/OpenSteer/../../universe/ShipDesign.h:715:11: error: ‘m_graphic’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/core_static.dir/combat/OpenSteer/CombatFighter.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/core_static.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Linux Compile Error in ShipDesign.h v0.4 SVN 4647

#2 Post by Vezzra »

This compile error also occurs on Mac OSX, see this thread.

The problem has already been solved, so I think the fix will be committed in one of the next revisions.

metallurge
Space Floater

#3 Post by metallurge »

Thanks! It compiles without errors now.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Vezzra wrote:The problem has already been solved, so I think the fix will be committed in one of the next revisions.
I would have this morning, but there was a loud pop from down the street and the power went out, so no internet.

metallurge
Space Floater

#5 Post by metallurge »

Must be the day for power problems. I'm sitting out in the middle of nowhere in a field working on the original post, and all of a sudden my laptop's power supply (plugged into the 12V in the truck) starts flaking out & the computer just powers off in the middle of composing the bugreport.

Hopefully your problem was fixed as easily as mine. A nearly-new 12V splitter cable apparently went bad. Eliminated the splitter and all is well, seemingly.