Interesting Situation....

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Dart00_Tech
Space Kraken

Interesting Situation....

#1 Post by Dart00_Tech »

So I just got the AI barricaded in for for a while and then later went to see what fleets they had on there Homeworld?

YIKES!

The AI literally has a few hundred ships just chillin waitin for me? Exactly how do you deal with a situation like this? Best way I could think of was the Psy-Domination thingy which worked after a while (as you can see by the pic).

Also..is this a bug? Letting hte AI stock up that many ships?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Interesting Situation....

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Dart00_Tech wrote:Also..is this a bug? Letting hte AI stock up that many ships?
Being able to build a lot of ships doesn't sound like a bug. It might be a limitation of the AI scripts that it does so without attempting to use them, though the AI is far from complete at this point.

Zireael
Space Dragon

#3 Post by Zireael »

I've got a better question. Why does the AI have a ship per a fleet instead of stocking them, for example, in fives?

Adrian
Space Floater

#4 Post by Adrian »

Yes, this stacking annoys me. The only convenient way to break it is to build hundreds of small cheap ships, e.g. small hull with mass driver 4. Big ships are not well suited for some reason.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by eleazar »

Zireael wrote:I've got a better question. Why does the AI have a ship per a fleet instead of stocking them, for example, in fives?
Because the AI probably doesn't yet know how to move ships between fleets.

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

#6 Post by Bigjoe5 »

Adrian wrote:Yes, this stacking annoys me. The only convenient way to break it is to build hundreds of small cheap ships, e.g. small hull with mass driver 4. Big ships are not well suited for some reason.
Probably because you're devoting too many slots to weaponry. Additional weaponry beyond the max structure of the enemy ship you're trying to destroy is useless. You'll have much better luck putting Crystal or Neutronium armor in some of those slots instead.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

Dart00_Tech
Space Kraken

#7 Post by Dart00_Tech »

Probably the best way to avoid this would to have the AI stop producing fleets if it has such a number and force a move order....