What's still needed for v0.4?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: What's still needed for v0.4?

#16 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:I see sitrep messages for krill spawning that happens in unexplored systems.
There should be a default-off option to show sitreps with errors in them, which if off should hide any messages about ERROR happening in ERROR...
IIRC we discussed a way to make sitrep messages go only to empires that have visibility of the event. Is that currently possible...
No.
...or should i just remove all the monster spawning sitrep messages for now? I don't think i want to spam the player with useless messages, stuff that doesn't matter to him, and isn't specific enough to do anything about if he cared.
The aforementioned options should have hidden such messages...

bwcbwc
Space Krill

#17 Post by bwcbwc »

1) Opened a couple of bugs in SF for minor interface stuff.
2) Suggestion: make a "colony center" building that can be built on planets right after colonization. The building provides a small amount of target food scaled by planet size(1,2,3,4,5) on good planets and possibly size-1 (0-4) on adequate. The idea is to give the colony a way to bootstrap some population growth without being forced into using Farming as a target. Or conversely use the colony center to provide some production so that planets contribute some production while growing their food supply.

3) Is there a changelog documenting changes between RC1 and RC2? My bugs are reported against RC1.

Geoff the Medio

#18 Post by Geoff the Medio »

bwcbwc wrote:1) Opened a couple of bugs in SF for minor interface stuff.
... which I rejected / marked invalid due to not being bugs, or requiring forum discussion.
bwcbwc wrote:make a "colony center" building...
That sort of addition isn't going to happen between a release candidate and the next release. I suggest making a brainstorming thread about how and whether to change new colony usefulness / resource output.
bwcbwc wrote:3) Is there a changelog documenting changes between RC1 and RC2? My bugs are reported against RC1.
Other than the commit logs, or slower but with version numbers commit logs, no.

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

#19 Post by eleazar »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
eleazar wrote:I see sitrep messages for krill spawning that happens in unexplored systems.
There should be a default-off option to show sitreps with errors in them, which if off should hide any messages about ERROR happening in ERROR...
There is no "ERROR". The message reads IIRC: "A krill swarm has been spawned in unknown."
bwcbwc wrote:2) Suggestion: make a "colony center" building that can be built on planets right after colonization. The building provides a small amount of target food scaled by planet size(1,2,3,4,5) on good
We'll probably give food/growth/starvation a good examination and possibly overhaul after v0.4.

Geoff the Medio

#20 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:There is no "ERROR". The message reads IIRC: "A krill swarm has been spawned in unknown."
Is unknown a clickable link? My guess is that it's happening in a system you know exists, but which you haven't explored yet, so don't know its name, so that it's not considered to be an "ERROR" situation by the UI...

eleazar

#21 Post by eleazar »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
eleazar wrote:There is no "ERROR". The message reads IIRC: "A krill swarm has been spawned in unknown."
Is unknown a clickable link? My guess is that it's happening in a system you know exists, but which you haven't explored yet, so don't know its name, so that it's not considered to be an "ERROR" situation by the UI...
I tried to reproduce, but couldn't. Since i don't see many of those messages: (2 or 3 in as many hundred turns), your theory seems likely. If the messages were for the whole galaxy, i'd expect more of them.

I commented them out in revision 4619.

Zireael
Space Dragon

#22 Post by Zireael »

RC2 FO 0.4

The Neutronium Extractor can't be built. The tooltip (BTW a brilliant idea) is empty.

Geoff the Medio

#23 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Zireael wrote:The Neutronium Extractor can't be built. The tooltip (BTW a brilliant idea) is empty.
It probably can't be produced because you're not trying to do so at a neutron star. The lack of a tooltip is a bug I should be fixing soon...

eleazar

#24 Post by eleazar »

The message: "A battle occurred at SYSTEMNAME." can be confusing. Usually it is ship-to-ship combat, but a fleet attacking a planet gives the same message. It is currently not apparent that ships (besides landers) can harm planets.

Can you split these into two different messages?

1) "A space battle occurred at SYSTEMNAME."

2) "PLANETNAME was bombarded from space."

Geoff the Medio

#25 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:Can you split these into two different messages?
1) "A space battle occurred at SYSTEMNAME."
2) "PLANETNAME was bombarded from space."
I'll eventually add messages or some other report that summarizes battle results, such as which ships and planets were involved and which were damaged and how much, but it's a bit too complicated to potentially bug-prone to extract and format that information before v0.4.

eleazar

#26 Post by eleazar »

Geoff the Medio wrote:...but it's a bit too complicated to potentially bug-prone to extract and format that information before v0.4.
Understood.