Upgrade Colony Base

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Darkside
Space Floater

Upgrade Colony Base

#1 Post by Darkside »

I have a Question.

Is it posible,
then i send a colony base at a planet and later a colony ship to make a better poplation or other better situation on them ?
Cya DarkSide
See you on Hell

eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Upgrade Colony Base

#2 Post by eleazar »

Darkside wrote:I have a Question.

Is it posible,
then i send a colony base at a planet and later a colony ship to make a better poplation or other better situation on them ?
No. Colony bases are the same thing as colony ships, except they can't leave the system.

We want to avoid micromanaging population like you do in MoO.

em3
Vacuum Dragon

#3 Post by em3 »

What about adding a technology/ship part that allows one to migrate some of the technology park (construction meter? also population?) and infrastructure to another planet? Either subtracting from the meters in planet of origin, or simply creating new infrastructure/population at cost of PP.
https://github.com/mmoderau
[...] for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. - Randall Munroe, title text to xkcd #556

eleazar

#4 Post by eleazar »

em3 wrote:What about adding a technology/ship part that allows one to migrate some of the technology park (construction meter? also population?) and infrastructure to another planet? Either subtracting from the meters in planet of origin, or simply creating new infrastructure/population at cost of PP.
Theoretically i think it could be done with the effects system.
But PP is shared across the entire empire (if the supply net is unbroken), so there's no point in building it at another planet as a ship then flying it there.

Darkside
Space Floater

#5 Post by Darkside »

eleazar wrote:But PP is shared across the entire empire (if the supply net is unbroken), ...
If i anderstand you right.
Did you say,
if i colony a planet outside the supplyline ( starlines), they dont have the full PP to build anything on them and must wait till the planet is connected with the supplylines "network".
Becorse, that is why i see " NEVER " in the build menu at the left side.
Cya DarkSide
See you on Hell

eleazar

#6 Post by eleazar »

Yeah, if the colony is not connected to your capitol by the solid colored starlanes, then it can't share anything but research with the rest of the network.

Darkside
Space Floater

#7 Post by Darkside »

hmmm ok.
Next Question ;)
And that is with a outpostship/base,
can i upgrade them with a colonyship, or is it the same and no going ?
Cya DarkSide
See you on Hell

eleazar

#8 Post by eleazar »

Right now, an outpost is merely a colony that starts smaller. You can't add population to it with another ship.

At some point in the future we may change outposts to have zero population and then the rules may change.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#9 Post by Geoff the Medio »

eleazar wrote:Yeah, if the colony is not connected to your capitol by the solid colored starlanes, then it can't share anything but research with the rest of the network.
To clarify, you can share minerals, industry, and food with connected groups of systems, even if they're not connected to the capital. The stockpiles are kept at the capital, however, and planets must be connected to it to access them.