Help with compiling r3995 (GG r1041) on OS X 10.6 in XCode 4

Questions, problems and discussion about compiling FreeOrion.

Moderator: Oberlus

night
Space Kraken

Help with compiling r3995 (GG r1041) on OS X 10.6 in XCode 4

#1 Post by night »

Hello,
I wanted to try FreeOrion on my mac but the prebuilt versions were quite old so I decided to compile the code myself by following this wiki article: http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/Compile_In_MacOsX

Here's what I did so far:
  • I downloaded and unpacked the SDK
    I ran "svn update" on the SDK folder to get the newest revision of FreeOrion/GG
    I opened the Project in XCode 4 and changed the base SDK to OSX 10.6 for all targets
    I changed the compiler to LLVM GCC 4.2
Now I get a lot of errors when I try to build the target FreeOrion (most of them seem to be GG related):

Code: Select all

GG
/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp
/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp:72: warning: 'NSIsSymbolNameDefined' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:175)

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp:72: warning: 'NSIsSymbolNameDefined' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:175)

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp:73: warning: 'NSAddressOfSymbol' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:187)

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp:73: warning: 'NSLookupAndBindSymbol' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:178)

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp:73: warning: 'NSLookupAndBindSymbol' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:178)

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp:73: warning: 'NSAddressOfSymbol' is deprecated (declared at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/include/mach-o/dyld.h:187)

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp:208: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Ogre/OgreGUI.cpp:223: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h
/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:491: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:491: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:492: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:492: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:499: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:499: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:510: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:510: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:512: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:512: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:515: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:515: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:516: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:516: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:519: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:519: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:534: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:534: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:546: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:546: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:547: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:547: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:548: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:548: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:562: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:562: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:512: error: too few arguments to function 'ILenum ilGetError(<type error>)'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:512: error: too few arguments to function 'ILenum ilGetError(<type error>)'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:519: error: too few arguments to function 'ILvoid ilInit(<type error>)'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/il.h:510: error: too few arguments to function 'ILubyte* ilGetData(<type error>)'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h
/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:125: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:125: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:128: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:128: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:129: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:129: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:134: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:134: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:135: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:135: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:136: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:136: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:137: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:137: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:140: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:140: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:143: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:143: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:145: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:145: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:151: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:151: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:152: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:152: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:154: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:154: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:155: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:155: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:168: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:168: error: invalid use of 'ILvoid'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/dep/local/include/IL/ilu.h:151: error: too few arguments to function 'ILvoid iluInit(<type error>)'

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Texture.cpp
/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Texture.cpp:71: error: at this point in file

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Texture.cpp:106: error: at this point in file

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Texture.cpp:107: error: at this point in file

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Texture.cpp:109: error: at this point in file

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Texture.cpp:234: error: at this point in file

/freeorion-sdk/FreeOrion/Xcode/../GG/src/Texture.cpp:263: error: at this point in file
What do I have to do to make this thing compile properly?
I read something about updating Boost, but I am fairly new to Linux/UNIX, so I do not have any idea how to do that.

I hope that was enough information for you,

night

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Help with compiling r3995 (GG r1041) on OS X 10.6 in XCo

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

There are some problems with the XCode project as available in SVN. You might want to review this thread or correspond with neuro to get the project files and configuration details he's been working on recently to deal with the same issues.

night
Space Kraken

Re: Help with compiling r3995 (GG r1041) on OS X 10.6 in XCo

#3 Post by night »

Thank you for your answer.
I hope we can find a solution in the other thread.