Another offer to assist

Samples of sound/music, ideas or suggestions related to the development of audio assets for FreeOrion.
Thursdaybloom
Krill Swarm

Another offer to assist

#1 Post by Thursdaybloom »

Hi team.

I just signed up earlier to post a support query and mentioned in the thread that I wish I knew coding/programming so I could contribute... which got me thinking about audio for the game. I'm a Music Tech student currently who loves designing ambient soundscapes/soundtrack music so I'd like to contribute whatever time/resources I can offer.

There's a lot of topics in the section - and I didn't go through all of them - but it seems like there's random people making random offers and submissions. Is there a dedicated audio team or teams (music and sound)?

Either way, if you need someone else then count me in. If not, then good luck guys. Great project.

Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

Re: Another offer to assist

#2 Post by Bigjoe5 »

The audio team is in a bit of a mess right now, since from what I can see, nobody has shown enough dedication and skill to become the audio lead since LithiumMongoose disappeared off the face of the earth.

In other words: yes, more audio contributers would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Bigjoe5 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#3 Post by pd »

Bigjoe5 wrote:The audio team is in a bit of a mess right now, since from what I can see, nobody has shown enough dedication and skill to become the audio lead since LirhiumMongoose disappeared off the face of the earth.
I believe metaphysician has shown both, unfortunately his time is limited.
Bigjoe5 wrote: In other words: yes, more audio contributers would be greatly appreciated.
I second this, more contributors are always good. I think we are mostly covered with sound effects for now, so contributors should focus on music.

Thursdaybloom
Krill Swarm

#4 Post by Thursdaybloom »

pd wrote:I think we are mostly covered with sound effects for now, so contributors should focus on music.
Music is definitely my 'thing' as opposed to sound effects so this sounds good.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by pd »

Sounds good, check out this post of Geoff for some direction.

Thursdaybloom
Krill Swarm

#6 Post by Thursdaybloom »

Thanks pd. I've been lurking here a bit lately and read that post already. I agree with what Geoff said. My personal opinion is to have race-specific audio themes, but since races seem to be a while off I haven't started a discussion topic about it yet. I think if we have a collective of musicians/producers and a collective of final races we could dedicate teams to work on race-specific music. Not sure how soon all this will come about though.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#7 Post by pd »

I'm been visually developing a race for a while in preparation of ship designs. I'm not quite finished yet, but maybe it inspires a little :) The images are scattered throughout the thread.