Concept art for a species

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
xanoblivion
Space Floater

Concept art for a species

#1 Post by xanoblivion »

Hey everyone,

I started working on some concept art for a humanoid race, and I'd like to share it with you. The pics are not finished enough to be a final product, so keep in mind these pics are only to be shared with you all as I feel this un-named race could be discussed for suitability for Master of Orion. Speak your mind, and think of what I'm showing you as a "Put a name to that face" for you to do.

I don't have a major in depth story line at all to go with this, I'd like it if you can discuss your own interpretations if you feel creative enough to do so.

Just to throw it out there. Heres a possible idea for the race: Warrior/Predatorial race, with dictatorship government. Goal, and destiny of race is to enhance it's weaknesses, and abilities to be (in the races own terms) "the most feared, and deadliest force in the universe." through discovery, and use of cybernetic implants. The race wishes to expand its brain capacity, and fix other weaknesses it faces for combat.

Pre-Warp physical form:

Advanced physical form:

Hyper advanced physical form:

What do you think?

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Concept art for a species

#2 Post by utilae »

I'm sorry, but I hate it.

Josh
Graphics

Re: Concept art for a species

#3 Post by Josh »

I'm kind of a hard ass when it comes to art, but I don't want the only comment in your thread to be I hate it...

... You could try something other than a near monochromatic pink color scale for starters. It might be more helpful to, um, use a pencil first if you have a scanner.