House of Midnight Spacecraft Emporium

Talk about anything and everything related or unrelated to the FreeOrion project, especially Strategy Games.

Moderator: Oberlus

lord_midnight
Space Floater

House of Midnight Spacecraft Emporium

#1 Post by lord_midnight »

Hello and Welcome to the House of Midnight Spacecraft Emporium,

We aim to be the to go for your space travel needs. we have a variety of great designs from around the Galaxy being brought in. we will have something for every taste and need, from unmanned gunpods, to galaxy crossing world ships.

Store News:
Store Gallery is Located here:
http://tinypic.com/a/v60g/3
There are some images there I am not including here, or that will be displayed here for a limited time.

Govetch Industries Manned GunPod
http://tinypic.com/m/4jm8mh/3
when an unmanned pod just wont do, the Govetch MGP-alpha is the way to go. They allow you to take your soldiers and equip them with fast, affordable, combat maneuverability and firepower. Currently we are taking pre-orders while they are in development. See the gallery for prototype artwork.

HOMSE Exclusive!
Our contacts at Grizzly Spacecraft have forwarded us pics of the new Grizzly Mauler prototype. Never before seen, we have them for you before anyone else. They are located in the gallery here:
http://tinypic.com/m/4jm8mf/3

Latest Arrivals:
The CyberDynamics RG-2 Unmanned GunPod
a small pod, often launched from fighter bays, though some consider them small hull ships, I have thought of them as a weapons mount with basic sensors and a computer strapped to a thruster. I would assume they do either minimal damage, 1, or that they use whatever single mount cannon you have. They make great security devices. There are several more images in my project folder for FreeOrion, located here. The promo pic was done with a subsurface of 7, I did not include that level of smoothing, though there is both the ~300 poly version, and the ~4K poly smooth version. I might do more plastic for it later, maybe an antennae or something.

Grizzly Tech Spacecraft
Grizzly Tech Product Line,
Grizzly Spacecraft:
  • Grizzly Cub -- light shuttle
  • Grizzly Mauler -- medium attack vessel
  • Grizzly Mountaineer -- large cruiser
  • Grizzly Mother Bear -- heavy cruiser
  • Grizzly Winter's Den -- enormous command ship

Grizzly "Cub" Shuttle, also shown with engine pods:
Image ImageImage
it is located in the lot just below.

A ship I made some time ago, for a forum contest, this simple shuttle is a great small hull design, with several points for mounting options. There are several derivative models Im working on getting converted. I have a model with the basic interior done as well, though I may have to dig through my bin. Just the first arrival here at the Emporium, we will be getting in new stuff all the time. I have just added the Model with the extended engine pods. There are a few other models as well. One with missile pods, a reentry shuttle with atmospheric flight wings, and some other small items. I am still trying to find the interior model, with 2 person sleeping quarters, and rear door, it has a fully modeled cockpit glass in front, and pilots seat and controls. The model is a few years old, and I may have to do an updated model. I am considering making the Grizzly Cub a four pad landing system.

Grizzly Mauler:
A heavier beast than the cub, it can house a fair sized crew, haul cargo, and provide solid combat power making it one of the best medium hulls around. The Mauler is sure to find a place with any Empire using Grizzly Tech Spacecraft. See the Store Gallery for Promo Pics. When asked, the designer of this rumble-ready ship said "the design was inspired at least in part by the Thundertank."

Store Comments:
It seems there was some confusion as to the nature of my business here. I am opening a Spacecraft Outlet Emporium as a free merchant. I am granting usage permission to the FreeOrion project et. al. I am box modeling ships at the moment. Use any of it at your behest, or not, as you see fit. I may or may not UV, texture, create the high-res poly mesh used for generating normal maps henceforth know as "the plastic", or create skeleton for moving turrets etc as I see fit or am so inclined. I will try to remain open to suggestions, though I am usually quite busy. I do see a level of quality I did not expect in the ships you currently have, I may at any given time decide to do "the plastic" for said item and experiment with expanding my toolset to include such a work process. However, I may not. Even if you never use a single item, I will probably continue to add new craft to the Emporium unless I somehow get exiled. I am making you free stuff for your game.

##In deed I did see the ship, as I said, I may do "the plastic" for some ships at some point, for the time being, Im just getting frames welded together, if you see something you like, let me know and Ill see what I can do. I just don't want to commit to anything and be a year before its done. Any other artists that see something they like can jump from what I have if they want, or I may get to it in time.

About the portrait:
I noticed that I was space krill. I have access to a large body of 3d content I can render to images or animation, I happened to have a krill. I posed it and rendered it to your forum avy size. Since I am space krill, and satisfied to be so, I am just going to use this one post as long as possible. It suits my species well to do so.

I am more than happy to take requests, or put in extra work on a given item, or to follow a product line to new models, or make custom craft if it is desired. I cannot however promise any sort of schedule, my species is rather long lived, and sometimes take years to do things. You may at any time, do it yourself, if you need it done in a hurry, though you can ask, I might happen to have some free time available, you never know.

### I did read the guidelines, and it may be that I just do some box modeling, but I will try to get some plastic done too. I added the rg2 gunpod, fun stuff, getting used to the subsurfaces. It was meant to be simple, and sleek, almost cartoonish. It fits several styles I think, er, it could work for several species or factions. I am sry to make much work checking in here, if I have something that I think is rather important or needs addressed, I will PM pd or one of the other staff.

thank you for your patience,

lord_midnight
Attachments
cyberdynamics_rg_2_gunpod.zip
cd_rg-2_gunpod_objs_v1
(150.53 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
type_grizzly_longrange_engines.zip
type_grizzly_box_obj_v1_w_engine_pods
(6.43 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
type_grizzly.zip
type_grizzly_box_obj_v1
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Last edited by lord_midnight on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: House of Midnight Spacecraft Emporium

#2 Post by pd »

What's the purpose of this post? I can't tell from the subject or the post and am considering it to be spam...

edit: Geoff has moved this from the Graphics forum to here, so I guess this is supposed to be a contribution?

The first paragraph had me really confused. Could you tell us more about what you are going to do and/or what you are capable of doing? Have you read the Guidelines to Contributing?

Also, check out this and this post to get an idea about what is needed. Plain 3d somethings without any texture maps are not enough, I'm afraid.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

pd wrote:edit: Geoff has moved this from the Graphics forum to here, so I guess this is supposed to be a contribution?
When I moved it, it didn't have any images, or anything beyond the first few sentences. I initially assumed it was spam, but didn't see any links obvious spam content, so thought it was just in-character writing that was miscategorized. Now that there is actual content, moving it back to graphics would probably be apprpropriate.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#4 Post by Geoff the Medio »

lord_midnight wrote:Since I am space krill, and satisfied to be so, I am just going to use this one post as long as possible. It suits my species well to do so.
That's a very effective way to have your future contributions not be noticed. If you don't make new posts, additions won't show up on the "View new posts" page, and after this initial post is viewed / becomes old, very few people will look at it, and edits won't be seen.

lord_midnight
Space Floater

#5 Post by lord_midnight »

The Emporium is open ! We have several craft already, and more coming all the time. Feedback and custom requests are encouraged! I can't get it in if I don't know what you want. If you want any plastic or options for a craft, let me know, and what you want. I look forward to supplying your spacecraft needs! Is there any kind of schedule or timeline for craft production ?