Hungarian Translation

Discuss, plan, and make Translations for FreeOrion
andrewthehammer87
Space Floater

Hungarian Translation

#1 Post by andrewthehammer87 »

I've been playing with FreeOrion since version 0.4.4 whatever build was it don't know it has been interesting to coordinate star-fleets and defeating alien monsters and AI enemy.

I've been looking around the website and I would like to begin translation. I've already downloaded the stringtable, but the only thing that how can I put it on your wiki, cause I can't seem to find the create account. I've registered at MediaWiki, but that didn't solve the case. How can I post the translation to the wiki's when I'm done with certain amounts of strings?
All my work released for FreeOrion is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Hungarian Translation

#2 Post by MatGB »

Don't post it to the wiki, upload it as an attachment here or (preferably) create a GitHub account and put in a pull request with your work.

The translated stringtable needs to be just up to date translated work, and not contain any English entries as anything not found defaults to the en.txt version which is subject to change.

Both Ouaz and Cjcj... have worked on some sort of automation process but I'm not sure how that works, I know that Ouaz keeps the French translation up-to-the-minute rather effectively.

(if you've found instructions somewhere saying to upload to the Wiki they're out of date, point me at them and I'll change them)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Ouaz
Dyson Forest

#3 Post by Ouaz »

Hi, manage the Hungarian translation will not be too difficult... as you have to start it from scratch! :D

So, you can download the very latest en.txt on GitHub (https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/ ... les/en.txt) and good luck. :p

I've written a post about how I keep the french translation synced with the latest english stringtables:

viewtopic.php?p=77199#p77199

It can seem a little bit tedious at first, but it's easy and quick once you're used to.
I release every updated file under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#4 Post by Vezzra »

@andrewthehammer87: Another thing if you want to contribute: We need a license statement from you, that you release your contributions under the licenses used by the FreeOrion project. Prefereably add a respective line to your sig (see the sigs of Mat and Ouaz as examples). You can find the licenses we use here. For translation work that would be the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.

We're also going to add you to the credits once contributions by you get accepted. You'll be added under your forum nick (andrewthehammer87), unless you want us to use a different one. You can also provide a real name that will be used for the credits file, if you want that.

andrewthehammer87
Space Floater

#5 Post by andrewthehammer87 »

Productive and joyful year everyone!

There are some things I get stuck all the time I start translating, so I will just jump over, until I will get the answer from you guys.

So, I would need a brief explanation of what is this stockpile thing is in FO, because it seems I'm kinda dumb, still I speak english and understand it, this one is giving me a hard time.
I would appreciate every effort of explanation for my translating to continue.

Thank you in advance.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#6 Post by Oberlus »

I recommend reading this threads and maybe formulating questions about the less clear parts:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11413
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11728

andrewthehammer87
Space Floater

#7 Post by andrewthehammer87 »

Hello,

I am having a bit of a problem understanding what "stockpile transfer project" actually is, so I could translate more understandably.

In fact this whole new concept is quite foggy to me.

Can anyone help demistify, so I could translate more appropriately.

Thanks.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#8 Post by Oberlus »

It's a way to put PP into the imperial stockpile.

Unused PPs by default go to the stockpile, but if you have your build queue full of stuff soaking all the PPs and don't want to waste time pausing and unpausing stuff, the stockpiling project allows you to add some PPs at the rate of your choice from the planet you want without having to fiddle with the other projects/buildings, just place it high enough (or right at the top) in the queue.
Last edited by Oberlus on Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#9 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:26 pm It's a way to put PP into the imperial stockpile.

Unused PPs by default go to the stockpile, but if you have your build queue full of stuff soaking all the PPs and don't want to waste time pausing and unpausing stuff, the stockpiling project allows you to add some PPs at the rate of your choice from the planet you want without having to fiddle with the other projects/buildings, just place it high enough (or right at the top) in the queue.
Fixed the typo as someone not familiar with the topic may not recognize it and not understand the phrase because of it.