Tenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

How big alliance will be allowed to win the game?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:22 pm

31%
31%
23%
8%
8%

Total votes: 13

Voker57
Space Kraken

Re: Tenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#166 Post by Voker57 »

The Daily Gormoshk, Cycle 81

The Fall of Godel Gamma

Dark times have finally crept up to the last Chato stronghold. Our empire and allies have held valiantly but can't push back the berserking hordes of Swaq. At least we find our peace in the treacherous, spineless Oberlus meeting his doom and falling under the Hyperant boot he himself propped up. In some sense, justice still exists in the galaxy.

The Daily Gormoshk HQ have already been evacuated to a secret location and will keep broadcasting the news about the galaxy state as long as we can.
Team S.M.A.C.: destroying dreams of multiplayer 4x since 2017.

o01eg
Programmer

#167 Post by o01eg »

The server was updated to 2020-06-09.613c260 pre-release build.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#168 Post by Oberlus »

Voker57 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:09 pm At least we find our peace in the treacherous, spineless Oberlus meeting his doom and falling under the Hyperant boot he himself propped up. In some sense, justice still exists in the galaxy.
Hyperant gifted a fine ship to Oberlus, with all luxuries, to keep watching from afar the demise of Voker&Co.
I don't know about justice (my start was relatively crappy, and together with the reallt crappy ones in all past games...), but it's nice to see how the pack of hyenas faces the collapse of their incoherent delusions.

Voker57
Space Kraken

#169 Post by Voker57 »

The Daily Gormoshk, Cycle 90

The Last Cycle

This is the last issue of Daily Gormoshk, brought to you from besieged outpost of Lilac. Our last haven is being captured, and editors of Daily Gormoshk would like to thank all the Chato allies for trying to help and dealing the deadly blows to Oberlus-Swaq axis. Chato will continue to aid the galactic resistance both by sabotaging from within enemy empires, and by working for our allies. We have no doubts the aggressor will be dealt with as completely as his pet, and galaxy will know peace, one way or another. Heavy fights continue and huge fleets move on the both sides of the galaxy, and we hope somebody new will cover those.

I'll use some last minutes we have to answer a mail from Oberlus, the former empire leader who sold it to a galactic bully for a luxury spaceship:
Oberlus wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:19 pm Hyperant gifted a fine ship to Oberlus, with all luxuries, to keep watching from afar the demise of Voker&Co.
I don't know about justice (my start was relatively crappy, and together with the reallt crappy ones in all past games...), but it's nice to see how the pack of hyenas faces the collapse of their incoherent delusions.
It's nice you see your alliance for what it is, but what happened yet is only a beginning of a collapse, so buckle up and keep B&J ready.

Chief editor, signing off and evacuating.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#170 Post by Hyperant »

The rebound

Interstellar News Corporation

In the east, the last elements of the declining Crysto Federation has been snuffed out, with the capture of Lilac Alpha, a desolate barren planet populated with the remains of military infrastructure, destroyed at the last minute by the resisting garrison. Interestingly, the League Army has found a makeshift complex with transmitters made from scrap metal along with a tiny studio that had the markings "The Daily Gormoshk", which turned out to be a once great interstellar media outlet. It appears the studio was abandoned with its crew nowhere in sight. Regardless, we won't be hearing from them anytime soon.

Meanwhile in the Potchine Mandate, the inherited situation has turned dire, with the Potian fleets blockading the fragmented district along with the loss of a system to advancing ground forces. Just yesterday, an assault was launched on the recently acquired system of Chort Beta, knocking out of a commission a Cubic-League fleet. Jokes on them however as one of our League fleets has in turn blockaded the cluster of Potian systems in the region, which brings us finally to the situation in the west.

Where do we even begin....

Our assault on the Ceti cluster did not work as planned, resulting in one of our smaller fleets being stranded over the world of Ceti Gamma, with no relief mission in sight. There is no more denying this, as our offensive has stalled and we are now being pushed back once more, with the recapture of the systems of Hador and Jua Beta, former worlds of the Vinite Cluster now under control by the Vinites and Potians respectively. With the frontier secured, they launched a major offensive into the Hador Alpha system, beginning the Battle of Hador Alpha which is currently ongoing at the time of transmission.

Despite all of this however, the League remains unbroken, dedicated to fight off the aggressors and to deliver true justice for our fallen.
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Voker57
Space Kraken

#171 Post by Voker57 »

Hyperant, your reports are great but I have trouble figuring out the empire names, plz post a legend somewhere.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#172 Post by Hyperant »

Alright so

Alive:
Supreme League - Me
Vinite Cluster - o0leg
Potians - queren
Cubic Collective - swaq
L29 is currently undesignated

The fallen:
Potchine - oberlus
Crysto Federation - voker
Cystalline Empire - dany
Machine Empire - magnate
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#173 Post by Oberlus »

Looks like I can't connect to the server. I get stuck at the lobby screen (can see the chat, but galaxy won't load after several minutes waiting). I'm using latest weekly test build, Windows.
Last night I connected with previous version, after server had been updated. I was able to connect and play my turn, apparently. Maybe I caused some trouble?

o01eg
Programmer

#174 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 am Looks like I can't connect to the server. I get stuck at the lobby screen (can see the chat, but galaxy won't load after several minutes waiting). I'm using latest weekly test build, Windows.
Last night I connected with previous version, after server had been updated. I was able to connect and play my turn, apparently. Maybe I caused some trouble?
You were defeated.

Edit: Missed. It was voker57 who was defeated.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#175 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:35 am You were defeated.

Edit: Missed. It was voker57 who was defeated.
Ah, OK.
Nevermind, I can connect again.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#176 Post by Hyperant »

Astro Choreography

spacedance.png
spacedance.png (182.21 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
Estimated path of all fleets invovled

The stalemate on the western front has been disrupted by a fury of hasty maneuvering all over the cluster by every ship in the region, from our League Navy to the Vinite and Potian forces, with both sides trying to get into a prime pitched battle. The move began with a cluster wide bombardment of hostile systems by the League Navy, prompting the attention of the combined Vinite-Potian fleet in an attempt to intercept. While a small detachment was assigned into blockading energy output from an energy hub to a majority of the Potian Realm, the reminder went on a series of movements throughout the Hador-Jua cluster.

This would result in an failed invasion attempt on our system of Jua Alpha, as well as us holding space superiority over most of the cluster. However, the fight is not over yet, as a major decisive battle has yet to be fought between our massive fleets, and while the movements are still ongoing, we have managed to inflict some attritional losses on their fleets.

Meanwhile in the far north, the Cubic Collective has withstood a major assault attempt on their capital from the now designated Mole Kingdom (L29) in a valiant effort.
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Querens
Space Krill

#177 Post by Querens »

:o
Hyperant wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:01 pm Astro Choreography

spacedance.png

Estimated path of all fleets invovled

The stalemate on the western front has been disrupted by a fury of hasty maneuvering all over the cluster by every ship in the region, from our League Navy to the Vinite and Potian forces, with both sides trying to get into a prime pitched battle. The move began with a cluster wide bombardment of hostile systems by the League Navy, prompting the attention of the combined Vinite-Potian fleet in an attempt to intercept. While a small detachment was assigned into blockading energy output from an energy hub to a majority of the Potian Realm, the reminder went on a series of movements throughout the Hador-Jua cluster.

This would result in an failed invasion attempt on our system of Jua Alpha, as well as us holding space superiority over most of the cluster. However, the fight is not over yet, as a major decisive battle has yet to be fought between our massive fleets, and while the movements are still ongoing, we have managed to inflict some attritional losses on their fleets.

Meanwhile in the far north, the Cubic Collective has withstood a major assault attempt on their capital from the now designated Mole Kingdom (L29) in a valiant effort.
that's really nice :o

Voker57
Space Kraken

#178 Post by Voker57 »

The Daily Gormoshk, Cycle 106

Press Review

After our thrilling evacuation from Lilac, we have settled in an undisclosed location with access to most of the major powers quantum feeds, and ready to debunk some fake news, caused by the vacuum of real journalism.

First, this part from INC:
from we have managed to inflict some attritional losses on their fleets.
What they don't mention is the fighting has caused themselves five of their expensive self-gravitated warships, while the fleet of Chato allies suffered only minor losses of barrier ships and an outdated laser robotic. Really shameful display:

Otherwise, though, it is a fair coverage of the maneuvers.

Now, about this:
In fact, what remains of the Cubic capital, at the end of the long swath through the liberated Chato colonies, looks like this:

Cubics are cowering under hastily thrown together cloud cover, their planetery shields and fleet decimated, and a vengeful white kraken is about to put down the rest of miserable Cubic fleet. That's probably not how they imagined the end of their invasion of Chato lands. The fighting was very solid thanks to emergency deployment of tons of comsats, but hard to call that a valiant withstand. Are we going to see the Cubic capital evacuated like sneaky Oberlus' one? Stay tuned.

swaq
Space Dragon

#179 Post by swaq »

Voker57 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 pm Cubics are cowering under hastily thrown together cloud cover, their planetery shields and fleet decimated, and a vengeful white kraken is about to put down the rest of miserable Cubic fleet. That's probably not how they imagined the end of their invasion of Chato lands.
The Kraken doesn't stand a chance. But no, I definitely imagined our end would come with the previous assault. But the premature attack by L29Ah resulted in huge losses for the offensive side.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#180 Post by Hyperant »

swaq wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:07 am
Voker57 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 pm Cubics are cowering under hastily thrown together cloud cover, their planetery shields and fleet decimated, and a vengeful white kraken is about to put down the rest of miserable Cubic fleet. That's probably not how they imagined the end of their invasion of Chato lands.
The Kraken doesn't stand a chance. But no, I definitely imagined our end would come with the previous assault. But the premature attack by L29Ah resulted in huge losses for the offensive side.
That aged well
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate