Unsaved options

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

vincele
Space Dragon

Unsaved options

#1 Post by vincele »

Hello,
is there a reason explaining why the GALAXY_MAP_ZOOM_SLIDER & GALAXY_MAP_POPUP options are not saved between runs ?
This made me ask WTF, some options are properly saved and others not ??? So after a bit of searching, the following patch happened. Anyone against that ?

[The extension diff has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

All the patches I'll provide for freeorion will be released under the GPL v2 or later license.
Let's unleash the dyson forest powa!

vincele
Space Dragon

Re: Unsaved options

#2 Post by vincele »

Forget about that patch it's wrong and its description also. I was misled into thinking my options were not saved when the option store was recreated from under me...
All the patches I'll provide for freeorion will be released under the GPL v2 or later license.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

#3 Post by Dilvish »

vincele wrote:...when the option store was recreated from under me...
In Linux I think config.xml is rewritten to default whenever cmake runs. I'm not sure how it goes on the other platforms.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

vincele
Space Dragon

#4 Post by vincele »

Yes, I think that was what bit me in the ass...