Outpost colonization updates

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

RgnadKzin
Space Squid

Outpost colonization updates

#1 Post by RgnadKzin »

I have updated the ColonizationAI and FleetUtilsAI (attached) to create Outpost Ships and guide them to Uninhabitable targets. I do not know how to implement the actual colonization of the uninhabitable targets using the Outposts. What needs to be done where so that this gets implemented? I think this will go a long way to helping the AI players to advance properly.
Attachments
updateAI.zip
(4.52 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Outpost colonization updates

#2 Post by Dilvish »

RgnadKzin wrote:I have updated the ColonizationAI and FleetUtilsAI (attached) to create Outpost Ships and guide them to Uninhabitable targets. I do not know how to implement the actual colonization of the uninhabitable targets using the Outposts. What needs to be done where so that this gets implemented? I think this will go a long way to helping the AI players to advance properly.
Hi, it looks like you must be working off of a fairly old copy of the code -- there's been quite a lot of work on the AI over the last several months. Try one of the recent test builds to get a feel for the current status of the game.

Cheers
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0