Selecting doesn't work

Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.

Moderator: Committer

strooka
Space Kraken

Selecting doesn't work

#1 Post by strooka »

the functions for processing left click and left drag which compute selecting of objects won't be processed. do the others share this effect, too?

should i recompile gigi?
:(

strooka
Space Kraken

Re: Selecting doesn't work

#2 Post by strooka »

recompiling gigi doesn't help.
plz post me wether there is selecting possible with the left button on your system.
there should come a rectangle for selecting objects along and maybe the selected objects are hilighted.

is this so on windows systems? or is this only on linux systems?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#3 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Could you be more specific and thorough in describing the problem you're having? What are you trying to do, what actually happens, what else have you tried, how do you know certain functions "won't be processed" and what does that mean, etc?

If you mean FreeOrion ignores left clicks and and click-drags on the map screen or buttons, then no, I don't have that problem.

There is mouseover highlighting of ship icons and system icons. There's no need to drag-select multiple objects on the map since there's no way to select more than one system, or fleets at more than one location, at the same time.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#4 Post by pd »

I believe he's talking about the techdemo.

strooka
Space Kraken

#5 Post by strooka »

i'm talking about the combat.
i'm compiling it right now, i think the error is/was that i've accidently deleted the window flag GG::DRAGABLE in combat window.

strooka
Space Kraken

#6 Post by strooka »

i added GG::DRAGABLE to the window modifiers and no change.

i mean in the combat, you can't use the pre built in select function that is activated through one click (on planets for example) and other functions defunct as well like dragging with the left button.

i debugged the code and lclick and ldrag among others won't be called but mdrag and ldoubleclick.

i debugged without GG::DRAGABLE, though, but this shouldn't affect the lclick function.

Geoff the Medio

#7 Post by Geoff the Medio »

I know combat selecting used to work, but I haven't been able to run the tech demo for a few months due to some OpenGL / OGRE related crashes, so can't test out the SVN version myself. Does selecting in v0.3.13 work for you? It does for me, so you could check what's changed since then. I don't know how the click was caught and processed then or now, but a LeftClickSignal might no longer be connected to a handler function, for example...

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#8 Post by pd »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Does selecting in v0.3.13 work for you?
It does not for me, but I remember as well, that it used to work. Must have been pre 0.3.13.

Geoff the Medio

#9 Post by Geoff the Medio »

pd wrote:
Geoff the Medio wrote: Does selecting in v0.3.13 work for you?
It does not for me, but I remember as well, that it used to work. Must have been pre 0.3.13.
Did you try sinle left clicking on a planet?

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#10 Post by pd »

Yes I did. Nothing happens. I can double left click everywhere on the ecliptic to center the camera to this location and i can rotate the camera using middle click and drag.