World Tree description

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Bigjoe5
Designer and Programmer

World Tree description

#1 Post by Bigjoe5 »

It says it was planted by the "Curators" in ancient times. Is that meant to refer to the precursor race the Caretakers (as in "Caretaker's Fruit")?
Warning: Antarans in dimensional portal are closer than they appear.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: World Tree description

#2 Post by MatGB »

I hadn't noticed that. Sloth wrote the patch, I think. It probably ought to be Caretakers for consistency, had forgotten they'd done a few things in the backgournd already until I reread Silexians recently.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Sloth
Content Scripter

#3 Post by Sloth »

I've taken the name from here: http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/User ... /Backstory

But the original forum post by eleazar (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2340&start=15) reveals that the names Curators/Gardeners/Caretakers were open for discussion and apparently Caretakers is the one used now.
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

Sloth
Content Scripter

#4 Post by Sloth »

I've created a PR that changes the name from Curators to Caretakers.

Edit: Wow that was fast Mat.
All released under the GNU GPL 2.0 and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licences.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#5 Post by MatGB »

I was online, and looked at my email, the good thing about Git is it's dead quick to review and approve simple changes, and as it was only a minor text tweak it couldn't possibly break anything.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.