Minor Species Wrangler

Species suggestions, story ideas and contributions.
Revlot
Space Floater

Minor Species Wrangler

#1 Post by Revlot »

Revlot wrote:The Dyson Forest is practically there now - have a tech for 'capturing' the Dyson Forest Seeds and domesticating them into stations.
Dilvish wrote:That does sound kind of fun, perhaps as a special trait for some minor species-- only ships manned by them could use such a "floater wrangler" part, and it probably should have some moderately low chance of success, so you have to chase the floater around a bit before actually capturing/taming it.
Can be applied to baby worms, those left-over drones could be re-directed by robotic species, ect ect.
I understand that this is a work in progress and that my comments here are just comments and NOT requests for immediate code fixes.
Thank you for the work done so far - please continue with whatever part of the game you are currently working on.

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: Minor Species Wrangler

#2 Post by labgnome »

I'm a bit confused here, what are you proposing?
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

Revlot
Space Floater

Re: Minor Species Wrangler

#3 Post by Revlot »

The ability to 'tame' a Dyson tree and use it as a space station, or to fly into battle with a worm in your fleet to help you do battle. Different minor species have the ability to 'tame' different types of monsters so ships made on their worlds attain the ability to try to tame wildlife.
I understand that this is a work in progress and that my comments here are just comments and NOT requests for immediate code fixes.
Thank you for the work done so far - please continue with whatever part of the game you are currently working on.